5 days out first TURBT

6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #55031 by Jack R
Replied by Jack R on topic 5 days out first TURBT
Charlie,

My thoughts to your questions. You have every right to feel comfortable and well cared for with any doctor you choose to see. It is your likes, dislikes that matter.

It is important to be comfortable with your urologist. It can become a long-term relationship. My first uro lasted one visit. I find it positive that your current uro was able to do a cystoscope on a first visit - I see that as a sign of a well prepared and staffed office.

All of us are taken by surprise when we hear the word CANCER or Possible Cancer. The mind can go blank and fear can set in. Thank goodness my 2nd uro did an immediate scope and said "Looks like Cancer". The sooner diagnosed - by turbt and a pathology report - the sooner treatment can start, or you will find out is not cancer. I hope you get a clean path report.

I an unfamiliar with chemo pills. Perhaps someone else will comment.

Pathology reports can take 4 to 7 days or so. Be sure to ask the office for and keep a copy for future review.

Pain and leakage (with frequency urgency) after a turbt is not uncommon for many of us. I depend on depends for a week or so after a turbt. Some report no troubles at all.

Your second uro sounds like a doctor I would appreciate. I want answers, not guesses.

Remember, caught early, bladder cancer, is highly treatable and you have not yet been diagnosed with cancer.

Best,
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 1 week ago #55029 by Charlie317
5 days out first TURBT was created by Charlie317
Hello...
I’m a 38yo female and just had a TURBT on Friday. I’ve had microscopic blood showing up in urinalysises for about 6-7 years. Doctors always discounted so I did too. But at my last checkup, my GP referred me to a urologist and for an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed a small polyp. I then went for a CT scan with contrast and it showed to same. I’ve had lower left side front and back pain for awhile now. My 1st urologist appointment I just did not like this guy. He was creepy. But he did say he was fairly confident it would be benign without even doing a cystoscope. I left still thinking whatever, it’ll be fine. But further thinking about him and talking to my family, I decided to go to someone else, a woman doctor who I may be more comfortable with.

My appointment with her was last Monday 4/2. I really liked her. But she was not as blaze’ as the other guy. I said to her “these are normally benign anyway, right?” And she looked at me and firmly said “No!”. And that by looking at the ultrasound and CT scan he feels it’s suspicious. She proceeded to do a cystoscope in her office that morning. And said the same thing, she’s not making any decisions but it looks suspicious and she’ll remove it and do a chemo treatment and I may take the chemo pills after for awhile.
Needless to say that scared me and was a complete turn around from the other guy.

Anyway, I went in for the TURBT on Friday 4/6. I woke from the surgery and they did a 45 min chemo bladder wash where I had to turn every 15 mins.

I haven’t had any visible blood in my urine but I do a have a tugging type pain. But what’s really concerning to me is that after being home a few hours on Friday I felt myself leaking drops of pee. Maybe about a quarter size but it’s continuous. Not when getting up or down and when my bladder is full. It just keeps happening. I’ve been wearing carefree liners and it confirms there’s yellow pee.

I called yesterday and they said it was a less common effect and scheduled me to go in for tomorrow morning at 730.

Questions are...
1. How long before I get the pathology results

2. Is this pee leakage normal? And if so, for Home long?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne