vesicovaginal fistula

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #49680 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic vesicovaginal fistula
Fistulas can heal on their own or need to be repaired surgically but let's hope for the former. As for your bowels it is early days yet and it takes time. Are you taking any pain medications that might be causing constipation they are well known to do that. If you can take a look at your diet and stay away from things that constipated and add things that help move things along it might help. Also ask your doctor about a stool softener. Hope this helps congratulations on getting through surgery and welcome to our community.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #49644 by Lthomas633
vesicovaginal fistula was created by Lthomas633
I am 4 weeks out from Radical cystectomy with neobladder. On my follow up appointment, it was discovered that I have a fistula between the vagina and the neobladder. Therefore I had to have the catheter in for another two weeks. Ugh! Has anyone else encountered this and how complicated is it to fix? Also, I have read on this forum of those having loose bowel movements. My problem is just the opposite: I can't seem to go without taking something. My question is: will I ever have regular bowel movements or is this the new norm?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne