Should I be worried?

8 years 6 months ago #49295 by 4loves
Replied by 4loves on topic Should I be worried?
Rose,

This is my story with the exception of being a surrogate. I was about 22 weeks pregnant with my son when they discovered blood/protein in my urine. It has been 2 yrs and I also let it fall by the wayside until recently.

How have things turned out for you? Im still trying to find answers and meet with the urologist next week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #48826 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Should I be worried?
Blood in the urine can have many causes in a woman. Your doctor did just great by referring you to a urologist....too often they just ignore it in women!! But
until you get the results from the urologist, you shouldn't be WORRIED. Maybe worried, by not WORRIED. It can be all kinds of things, even a UTI. And even if it were bladder cancer, it is often highly treatable.

Good luck to you

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

8 years 10 months ago #48825 by rose516
Should I be worried? was created by rose516
I was a surrogate a couple of years ago. Every time I went in for an appointment I would have to do a urine test and about half way through my pregnancy I started having blood in my urine. After a couple of times my dr had me get an ultrasound for my kidneys. They couldn't do much more than that since I was pregnant. They didn't find any abnormalities. After my pregnancy my other appointments happened when I was either still bleeding from my cesarean or I was on my period so I couldn't do anymore tests on my urine.

After time I had forgotten about it and now 2 years later after my physical the other day, my dr ordered another urinalysis. Again there's blood in my urine. She ordered me to get a CT scan ASAP and is sending me to a urologist. I've been having a dull ache in my lower abdomen off and on for the last couple of months. Should I be worried? 2 years seems like a long time. This is me mostly wanting to get this out of my system. I don't have anyone I can talk to about this. Thanks for listening.

Rose

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne