4th time for surgery

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #48847 by slocapo
Replied by slocapo on topic 4th time for surgery
Well it is now May 28th… I had my last bladder tumor removed Dec 23rd. I then still had the pain and clots … Feb 9th I had my kidney removed along with lymph nodes. I have been doing IV chemo since March and will get my new results mid June. I did have my bladder checked and for once in 3 years… May 29th it will be… wow… I got my 6 month check up. so its been a ride. My son gets married on Saturday and I plan to dance and enjoy! enjoy every day!

5-12 TURB
5-13 TURB
11-13 TURB
1-14 BCG
7-14 TURB
8-14 BCG
12-14 TURB
1-15 Cauterized for clotting
2-15 Removal of Right Kidney and Lymph node

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #48845 by CareE
Replied by CareE on topic 4th time for surgery
positive vibes and prayers from me to you too---I've been through this "see-saw"--I have felt healthy,sleeping well and energetic and optimistic through it all and then those little cells keep coming back! there's no pain or anything that indicates they are growing in there! I'm confident when I hear it's superficial, non-invasive, but it's the "high-grade" that's scary! and that's when the possibility of bladder removal hits hard! I've been told to keep it in the back of my mind--a consultation at Stanford was suggested -- just got over 4th surgery and will go through 6 more weeks of bcg/interferon treatments -- still have to have pathology report, another CT scan and more healing...
Hang in there! and keep asking questions...I usually feel better when I know more...kind of a control freak I guess...
CareE

9 years 5 months ago #47354 by Aliraza179
Replied by Aliraza179 on topic 4th time for surgery
Good luck sending prayers and hugs for positivbe results tomorrow.

Regards,
Anne

9 years 9 months ago #46508 by Hudsongrl
Replied by Hudsongrl on topic 4th time for surgery
Hi there, i'm sorry you have to have more surgery. What stage and grade was your initial tumor? Do you smoke?

I feel your frustration. We are here if you need us.

9 years 9 months ago #46501 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic 4th time for surgery
You are discovering one of the nasty secrets of bladder cancer. While at first some of these "little" tumors seem easy to get rid of, THEY CAN KEEP COMING BACK. And every time they come back, you are again at risk of having them become more invasive.

With the number of times that yours has recurred, much as you probably do not want to think of it, it is probably time for a serious discussion with the urologist as to what the next step might/should be.

You mentioned Boston...are you being treated at Mass General? You must be in good hands and I would take seriously whatever they might recommend.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

9 years 9 months ago #46486 by slocapo
4th time for surgery was created by slocapo
This 4th of July week I am going in for my 4th time of removing these darn tumors… I go in to Boston every 3 months to be checked… I finished in mid Feb 6 weeks of BCG and hoped I could be done with it. Well its back for the 4th time. My 1st surgery was May 2012 then May 2013, Nov 2013 and now July 2014

I am very baffled as to why… why do they keep "popping" up? I have had the chemo wash and the BCG and I will have the wash again with this surgery… how many can be in there? or how do they keep getting in there? Is it something I eat or drink that trigger them?

5-12 TURB
5-13 TURB
11-13 TURB
1-14 BCG
7-14 TURB
8-14 BCG
12-14 TURB
1-15 Cauterized for clotting
2-15 Removal of Right Kidney and Lymph node

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne