Please some advice

11 years 8 months ago #42524 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Please some advice
Hello Karen... Welcome to the forum and I'm sorry you're having these issues. I'm glad you have a visit to the uro coming up very soon and he/she will hopefully determine the source of the problem. I won't speculate what it might be because there are various reasons for bleeding and urgency so I'll leave that to the uro. Do you think it could be related to your bladder suspension?

I do want you to know if your visit to the doctor on Monday leaves you with more questions, we will help you understand anything he might tell you as best we can. Please let us know what you find out and I will keep you in my thoughts.

Again... we're glad you found us.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #42523 by klm56
Please some advice was created by klm56
Woke up Weds last week with UTI pain (had a couple this year), but with tinges of blood. Went to dr. Urine had visible blood and clots. Got a shot and oral antibiotics. By weekend. worse so back to dr. Mon. She said the first urine sample didn't show infection, but probably a lab messup so ran another one and added another antibiotic. Not better, so back today. She scheduled me to see a urologist on Monday, hopefully for a cystoscope.

Questions: Since this started last week, I have an almost constant pressure/urge to urinate. It's very uncomfortable and I'm at a loss as to how this just popped up and won't go away. Can this really be from a tumor? I'm 56, had a complete hysterectomy and bladder suspension 8 years ago.

When you go to the urologist, do they ususally do that test right then, or see you and then have you come back? I don't want to have it done, but want this resolved asap.

Several of you posted that the urologist told you afterward that it was probably cancer. Are you out for this procedure? Are you awake enough to listen, understand and ask questions? What do I ask?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm concerned. I've had three surgeries for thyroid cancer, the last at MD Anderson. I'm at greater risk for bladder cancer because of being exposed to radiation as a kid and the I-131 treatment, but I didn't think I had to worry about it for another 30 years.

Thank you for your time and advice,
Karen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne