Please some advice

11 years 8 months ago #42630 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic Please some advice
Karen,

My Uro calls me at home with the results. Usually only takes a day or so to hear back from him.

They did a lot of testing on you. That shows your doctor is taking no chances. I for one like that kind of aggressive approach.

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #42626 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Please some advice
Karen,

Glad you got in to see the uro!

They all do a bit differently on results. Some make an appointment with you to discuss results and then you go in and discuss the results. Remember, your situation can be lots of different things that are not related to bladder cancer. So, it is highly likely that this is the approach your doc will take.

Other docs, and mine used to do this on my 3 month checkups when they did cytologies and stuff they make an appointment and then call you up to tell you everything is fine so cancel the appointment.

When I got my cystoscope (I don't know why they didn't just do that when you were there) he found a spot. I told him I needed to go on a two week business trip to the Philippines. He said fine but they needed to schedule me for a biopsy right after I got back. I asked if he thought it was cancer. He said, it looks like CIS but they can't be sure until they do the pathology study after removing it.

Good luck to you. I hope it is not cancer and is something they can take care of easily.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

11 years 8 months ago #42622 by klm56
Replied by klm56 on topic Please some advice
Saw the uro mon. It was fun! :woohoo: Got catherized, pelvic exam and rectal. Wow.
Then sent immediately for a ct scam with contrast. Tech says the doc will have the results by that afternoon late or early the next morning. Didn't hear a thing so waited until thurs. am and got her nurses recording that says if you leave a message they will get back within 24 hours. Having the cystoscopy this mon morn.

Suppose to leave for a two week vacation after it's over assuming everything is ok. Do your urologists call on the phone or wait and talk with you during office visits? If anything is suspicious, what do I ask about?

Thanks,
Karen

11 years 8 months ago #42620 by klm56
Replied by klm56 on topic Please some advice
Saw the uro mon. It was fun! :woohoo: Got catherized, pelvic exam and rectal. Wow.
Then sent immediately for a ct scam with contrast. Tech says the doc will have the results by that afternoon late or early the next morning. Didn't hear a thing so waited until thurs. am and got her nurses recording that says if you leave a message they will get back within 24 hours. Having the cystoscopy this mon morn.

Suppose to leave for a two week vacation after it's over assuming everything is ok. Do your urologists call on the phone or wait and talk with you during office visits? If anything is suspicious, what do I ask about?

Thanks,
Karen

11 years 8 months ago #42530 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic Please some advice
Karen,

There may be a lot of information to take in at your appointment. You might consider having a family member or close friend go with you to take notes when you talk with the doctor.

I always go to the doctor's appointments with my husband, Doug. I was not there for the first appointment and regret that I wasn't. We just thought it was a kidney stone.

I do not go back during the cystoscope/examination. The nurse just calls me back if there are problems that need to be discussed. I have THE notebook and write down everything that I can catch.

Most patients are awake for the cystoscope in the US. Some places in Europe, patients are sedated.

Glad that you are seeing a urologist on Monday.

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

11 years 8 months ago #42525 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Please some advice
Karen,

My urologist did the cystoscopy on my first appointment. However, you should talk to them before the visit and try to make sure that the cystoscope is on the agenda.

You are awake and it does not hurt and you can talk and understand.

Ask if he sees anything. It could be other things besides cancer.

Good luck with your appointment and let us know how that goes.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne