Neo Bladder and Prolapse

12 years 3 months ago #40534 by loubrook
Replied by loubrook on topic Neo Bladder and Prolapse
Thank you very much Silk for your response to my questions.I am sure I will have other questions along the road.I wish you Great Holiday Season.
Take care
Loulou

metastatic urothelial carcinoma,neobladder surgery oct.2010

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #40533 by Silk
Replied by Silk on topic Neo Bladder and Prolapse
Hi Loulou,

I have not heard from anyone but you on my "posted question". I wish someone could come up with a suggestion.

As to your question, yes there is almost always mucus and yes some days are worse than others. Someone said it has to do with what you eat, the amount of liquids you consume, it is better to try and drink a lot, it does cut the mucus, but I do not worry about it, once again it is a part of the neo.

Do not EVERY cut corners when you clean the caths and NEVER forget. After awhile you do not even think much about it.

I always say "it could be so much worse".

Have a great holiday season and let me know if I can try and help with some answers.

Silk

12 years 3 months ago #40519 by loubrook
Hi Silk
How are you doing with your bladder pressure,did someone figure out what to do to relief your pain?
Thank you very much for your advice with catheters.I will follow that method.Another question for you,do you still have a lot of mucus,how much is normal,sometimes I have none,than it becomes very blurry,andI know they told me it will always be mucus,but I wonder when there is a lot is it infection or not?
Wish you Happy Holydays without pain.
By By Loulou

12 years 3 months ago #40434 by Silk
Replied by Silk on topic Neo Bladder and Prolapse
Hi LouLou,

I am sorry if my question was confusing.

I do not have any female organs and the prolapse is the rectum.

The gyne stated the pissary was pressing on the neo and he had never had any one with a neo before. So----I have pressure all the time (especially standing or walking) and hopeing someone can give me some advise.

Yes I reuse my caths. I have been doing this for almost 4 years. I use the same cath. about 3 weeks.

The procedure I use, suggested by the neo surgeon, and thank God never had any infections is:

wash hands with soap and water, I wash the cath with soap and water and then put under very hot water and PUT INTO THE MICRO FOR 12 SECONDS. After use I wash with soap and water and put this cath in a plastic sandwitch container (yes sandwitch container.) The system has worked for 4 years. I use the red Bardia 16 inch Frence.

Hope this helps and if you hear of anything for my issue please let me know.

Silk

12 years 3 months ago #40433 by loubrook
Hi Silk
I am very puzzle with your problem.You have a neo so I assume you don't have your uterus and ovaries .So my question is wich organ did prolapse?oR MAYBEE I am all mixed up.
And I would like to ask you about catheter since I know you cath all the time.I need some advice on how you clean them and if you re-use them.Wish someone will solve your pain.
Thanks Loulou

12 years 3 months ago #40424 by Silk
Neo Bladder and Prolapse was created by Silk
It has been about 3 months since I have posted a question and a member for about 4 years, and once again I have returned for advise.

It has been 4 years since neo, and although I have to cath every 3 hrs., it is not an issue and recent cat scans are great (positive attitude helps).

On my last neo bladder scope the surgeon said I have a prolapse, (I have been having a lot of pressure and assumed it was from the bladder) and I need to see a gyne.

I saw the gyne and he suggested a pessary for the prolapse. Because of the neo bladder I am not able to have the pessary. We tried several sizes, etc. etc. with no luck.

My question: does anyone know what I can possibly do for this pressure I continually have??????? The gyne stated he had never had anyone with a neo, and other than surgery, which is NOT recommended, what can I do to relieve this.

I thank you for any suggestions.

Silk

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne