Lots of ????\'s...

12 years 4 months ago #40440 by Lynda
Replied by Lynda on topic Lots of ????\'s...
I'm with Sara Anne and Mike. If you get to the Uro apppt. and don;t like what you see/hear/get then find a uro you do like. Any uro worth their education will find a way to get you into their schedule without waiting a month.

I'm like you I don't like waiting and a month is obscenely long and completely rude. (I also think that any Dr. whom you can't get into for a month is probably too busy to give good care anyway - IMHO)

Mike is right on the internet research too. There is a lot of info that won't be relevant to what you may or may not have to go thru and it's scary enough without the extra info. It sounds like this may be a very simple thing to overcome(please forgive me, I don't mean to be flip and hope you don't take it that way), positive thoughts and a good attitude always help.

We'll be watching for your posts after your appts. and hope and pray all good things for the best outcome.

Lynda

Lynda

3 years UTIs
Indiana Pouch - July 2010
Pulmonary Met. - May 2011
Chemo started June 2011

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #40437 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Lots of ????\'s...
I second what Sara Anne said, You ought to give it a try. There is clearly justification for a cysto.

Also feel free to vent here anytime!!!

We get it.

Good luck!

You don't have cancer until proven otherwise. :)

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

12 years 4 months ago #40436 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Lots of ????\'s...
A cystoscopy is not a big deal to a urologist. They are set up to do them, don't take long. When you get there tomorrow, give the uro a "look over" and, if you like him/her and feel comfortable, ask if it could be done then. I agree that you would like to get it over with!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

12 years 4 months ago #40435 by cat2011
Replied by cat2011 on topic Lots of ????\'s...
I'm ANGRY today. It doesn't happen often, and rarely do I feel tears prick my eyes, but today was the day.

Tomorrow is my urology appointment. I was led to believe they would do a cystoscopy tomorrow. I called today to confirm my appointment and see if there was anything in particular I needed to do or not do before the appointment. The receptionist told me it was just a consultation so I wouldn't need to do anything. I questioned why the cystoscopy wasn't being done, and was told that the doctors never do a procedure on someone they haven't seen in the office first. Tomorrow is a very inconvenient day for me to take off, so I asked if I could reschedule based on my convenience then. I was told it would be another month before they could work me back in. So, I'm getting deducted a whole day at work for a few minute appointment that still won't tell me if I will be battling the "c" word or not.

I have been waiting on pins and needles since the day before Thanksgiving. I simply want to know. I can handle the diagnosis either way, but I'm tired of wondering.

Grrr!

Thanks for letting me vent...I'm not discussing this with anyone but my spouse.

12 years 4 months ago #40396 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Lots of ????\'s...
They don't need to schedule a cystoscopy. They do it right there in the office. No point going for the appointment if that's not what they are planning. Call and ahead now and make sure that's the plan.

Best of luck!
Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

12 years 4 months ago #40394 by cat2011
Replied by cat2011 on topic Lots of ????\'s...
So, a trip to the gp today (for a totally unrelated illness) at least got some explanation on the ct scan report. They are concered about the lesion in/on my bladder. Underside meaning the floor/bottom of my bladder. They explained (even though I'd already done my own research) what the cystoscopy would consist of and do. I still don't know if I'll be having that done next Friday or if it will just be an office visit where they'll schedule the cystoscopy.

I can't stand waiting. I'm of that "now" generation, and that's exactly when I'd like to know what I'm facing! :D

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne