Lots of ????\'s...

12 years 4 months ago #40319 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Lots of ????\'s...
Two weeks shmooo weeks. Call your GP doctor back and tell him to explain it to you.

Underside could mean outside the bladder on the bottom. If that, then likely it has nothing to do with cancer. Bladder cancer typically starts inside the bladder. However, who knows what the doctor who read the CT was thinking when he/she said underside.

Chances of you getting to join our esteemed group don't sound so high based on that interpretation. That's ok though because nobody really wants to join this group anyway. We're a pretty neat group of folks but if you stay out of the bladder cancer (or any cancer really) club, then it is certainly the recommended option. :)

If anything is growing abnormally around your bladder, you go to a urologist to get that looked at so you have the correct next step in process.

Don't get too far ahead of things with trying to self diagnose using the internet. Typically this is not a good idea.

Best of luck!
Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #40317 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic Lots of ????\'s...
Hi Cat
First think is to take a breath. A mass is consittered a group of abnormal cells, it can be any size. They wouldn't measure it on a CT scan, they would measure it on an ultrasound. The underside of the bladder is something I'm not sure of, but others will chime in soon, so keep checking back.

Best wishes and good luck

Gary (Dieseldoc)

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

12 years 4 months ago #40314 by cat2011
Lots of ????\'s... was created by cat2011
Ok, so I have been reading here the last few days, and I pray that I do not get an official invitation to join this club of supportive, informative indviduals. (No offence intended!)

However, I had a CT done the day before Thanksgiving. The tech said it would probably be after Thanksgiving before my doctor had the reading. An hour and a half later I had a phone call from the gp asking me how I felt and informing me a "spot" had been found in my bladder. They were sending me to a urologist for a cystoscopy for further diagnosis. I got the schpiel on when I should go to the ER if anything should go wrong over the holiday.

Yes, it was the longest Thanksgiving break ever! Monday I called the urologist myself. Can't get in for a couple weeks. So, I went to the hospital and got the report & a CD of the images.

There are a couple different things on the exam report that I'm trying to "interpret". I want to be informed as possible when I go to my appointment. I'm expecting the best, but preparing for the worst. All my research over the holiday points to BC. However, my ct report doesn't give measurements of the "mass" and I've noticed that most reports have a measurement. Is it normal to have a mass noted, but not measured?

Also, one note speaks of the "undersurface of the urinary bladder in the wall of the bladder". I can't find information on an underside of the urinary bladder...anyone know what this is talking about?

I also have a line stating "suggesting a mass defect"...mass as in growth or large in size?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne