Neo After 3 Years and No Sleep

13 years 1 month ago #36850 by Silk
Replied by Silk on topic Neo After 3 Years and No Sleep
Hi Sylvia,

I thank you for you response. Any and all information on this site is so valuable.

Can you tell me of all the diversions that are available??? It can be so confusing.

Thanking you in advance.
Silk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #36849 by Silk
Holly,

I never received an e mail from you but would love to receive one so that I may respond, my e mail is:

I look forward to hearing from you.

Silk

13 years 1 month ago #36827 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Neo After 3 Years and No Sleep
No actually not many do them.. most major cancer centers do not...usc/norris does not........#1 there is a ton of scar tissue in there. #2 if the original surgeon took more than 50cc's of bowel it would not be a good idea as more ileum and the ileal cecal valve must be used. Too short an intestine creates all kinds of problems with absorbtion. O'Donnell does it on select patients and i do believe there is one female uro at MD Anderson who also has done it.
pat

13 years 1 month ago #36819 by Sassy
Replied by Sassy on topic Neo After 3 Years and No Sleep
Silk,

I did not have a neo. I was talking about a woman who contacted me and was having the same problem you are having. However, I am sure there are places much closer to you that would do this. It seems as if there are several right here who have had various experiences with the neo. I am very satisfied with my Indiana. I hope you find the right answers, and someone that can help you with this problem. We have a good surgeon here in Augusta, GA who has been doing about 30-40 cystectomies a year. I don't know if she has done any of the conversion surgeries or not. I really like her even if she is not my doctor. My surgery was done before she joined MCG. If you would like to have her name for contact purposes, I would be glad to give it to you.

Sylvia

Sylvia L. Ramsey

13 years 1 month ago #36813 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Neo After 3 Years and No Sleep
Hi Silk - I sent an email. I will send another with my phone number . If you want to talk to me, Pat has my number too.
Take care, Holly

13 years 1 month ago #36809 by Silk
Holly,

I do not know your e mail and would very much like to ask you questions e.g. neo bladder, not sure if I can give you my e mail on this site, but here it is: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Thank you Holly and I look forward, I hope, to hear from you.
Silk

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne