Questions about Indy Pouch in women

13 years 3 months ago #36024 by sandie
Questions about Indy Pouch in women was created by sandie
After having BC for 9 1/2 years, my doctor has recommended RC. I haven't talked with him in length yet (just a phone call with the bad biopsy results), but I'm trying to gather info on my decision on what kind of diversion. Past posts have been very helpful but I can't sit and read all day. (Surgery will be at Cleveland Clinic, Dr. Campbell, who Patricia recommended).

I'm adressing this just to women (sorry guys) because, well, we're different! I'm definetly leaning towards Indy pouch. Questions
1. Is it really continent - no leaking?
2. How do you adjust to the lack of continuous sleep? Does it continue to be hard to get up and cath?
3. How long does cathing take - how many minutes?
4. Am I going to have trouble finding local doctors who can help with issues I have or will I always need to go back to Cleveland (I live near Erie)?
5. Do you have to change what you wear - I mean, do you need to avoid waistlines that press on stoma?
6. Should I think more about neobladder or ileal conduit? I'm 56, in otherwise great health.
7. How much weight will I lose? (I don't want ot lose weight - I'm already just 108 lbs and having trouble eating because of nerves.)

I have tons more questions and I'm kind of scared. I'd love to talk to someone who is willing to answer more questions that come up.

Thanks. Sandie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne