Bladder choices & pantyhose

17 years 2 months ago #3091 by Northernjamie
Replied by Northernjamie on topic Bladder choices & pantyhose
I have been self-cathing for the last few weeks after having surgery for an Indiana Pouch a few months ago.  It was a long recovery period but now couldn't be happier with my new bladder.  After walking around with 2 external bags while my new pouch healed I can't imagine living with an external bag.  The cathing is going really well, cringing lasted for a very short time and now it's getting to be second nature.  I'm a 60 year old female (feel 40) and pretty active with horseback riding so didn't want to worry about a bag sloshing around, plus feeling good about body image not having a bag.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #2995 by Nancy
Bladder choices & pantyhose was created by Nancy
Shortly I'll be having to make the choice between an internal or external new bladder/bag.  It would be helpful to me if those who have chosen either type could tell me if they're satisfied or perhaps might have made a different decision and why.  At this point, I'm leaning towards the external stoma/bag.  The thought of having to cath makes me cringe.

Also, for those with external bags, how does one wear pantyhose or control top type briefs or same in thigh length?  While I have no aesthetic issues about an external bag, I do have one about jiggles.  I still am laughing about that...

Thanks - Nancy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne