Forum

× click the New Topic button to post

BCG delayed again, WORRIED.

2 years 8 months ago #52864 by sara.anne
Of course we all want to get that treatment going ASAP but you really don't want to get BCG if there is any possibility of an open wound or lesion in the bladder. I don't remember how soon they started BCG with me, but often during my BCG series it would have to be delayed for a couple of weeks due to irritation in the bladder. You will do fine!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #52862 by raya
Here's my journey so far.
Tumors observed during cystoscopy 11-8-16.
First TURBT 11-18-16. Three high grade papillary carcinoma identified. One tumor invaded the lamina propria. No muscle in sample.
Second TURBT 12-16-16. Three high grade papillary carcinoma identified. One tumor invaded the lamina propria. No muscle in sample. Dr noted the tumors were growing back between first and second TURBT.
Decided the local Uro was a clown. Second opinion at Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK).
Third TURBT at MSK 1-19-17. 4 high grade tumors. Two papillary carcinoma and two carcinoma in SITU.Two of the four have invaded the lamina propria. Muscle contained in all four samples.
What?? How could this not have been seen on the first two TURBT's by the previous Uro? Clown.
I was scheduled to start BCG at MSK on 2-17-17 but was delayed due to blood in urine.
I am now scheduled to start this Friday 2-24-17 but still have traces of blood and small bright red blood clots.
I expect they will again delay for another week. My big concern is if I delay BCG until next week 3-3-17, it will be a full six weeks since the last TURBT. Both Urologists said the tumors were growing back after 4 weeks. Will having tumors growing again reduce my chances for success with BCG? My MSK Uro only said it was disappointing we couldn't start at 4 weeks and didn't elaborate on starting at 6 weeks post TURBT. Anyone in a similar delay situation that had success? Any thoughts appreciated.
Thanks, Ray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne

Users

Total Online: 0 Users and 2307 Guests 

Statistics

Today Total Opened: 0 Today Total Answered: 0 Latest User: njumandrow652
Yesterday Total Opened: 1 Yesterday Total Answered: 5
Total Posts: 52901 Total Subjects: 6887 Total Users: 8469
Powered by Kunena Forum