You didn·t panic me --" De-panicked "!!! I thought there was more urgency in doing the biopsies and was worried about a) doing them too early for the bcg to have had any demonstrable beneficial effect, and be classed as a failure, or b) waiting too long for the National Health service . I think basically I am still very much lacking confidence in the public system, but am also realistic about the fact that I cannot afford to continue with private care, if things become more serious somewhere along the line. Also I read and reread on here about the importance of getting a second opinion, and 5 years down the line I think it was time to follow that advice.
So once again, thanks for "de panicking" me
My uro tried that once to get tiny little sample. That is when I learned I have the ability to levitate at close to the speed of light and am pretty sure I almost hit my face on the 12 foot high ceiling.
Any samples taken after that were in a surgical center. Different for some folks I guess. If they are just doing CIS checks, I guess that is basically surface layer anyway. Not my cup of tea!
Thanks for that reply, Mike, you have de panicked me a bit. And no, no piece of leather -have previously had a couple of biopsies taken in office and the thought of having several taken at one go has been really spooking me. Maybe the hospital will use some anesthesia?
Can anyone advise as to what is the optimum length of time to leave from from BCG treatment to the taking of multiple biopsies for CIS? I finished BCG on 2nd July,
my original ( private) urologist had me scheduled for Friday this week, to take biopsies in office Saw my second opinion urologist ( National Health system) Tuesday last week and he has put me on hospital waiting list for biopsies and allergy testing for Iodine ( to see if it is possible to carry out further scans). I am inclined to wait for the hospital to contact me for these tests, but with all the health cuts they are making here, am concerned as to how long this may be. Don·t want to wait too long, but neither do I see the point in doing it too soon, apart from the economics of the thing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.