Welcome to our site, sorry we have to meet like this, but I know you will find a lot of information and support here.
I also had 24 BCG treatments. So far - 4 years cancer free.
Ask any thing and I am sure someone will answer, as we have all been exactly where you are right now.
Hi Mike: Welcome aboard --- had six BCGs and treatments went okay. They did not work for me but I have a good friend and she had BCG treatments and has been cancer free for 10 years. I sincerely hope you join her group but if you don't whatever road you travel there are folks here who will help on your way. Take Care, Herb
Age 72 had radical 9/11/10 have conduit everything is fine, grateful to be a cancer survivor. Lost Dad and Brother to Cancer both in their 50's.
Hello Mike... Welcome to the forum! It's one of those places you never thought you'd have a need for but soon become thankful that you found it. Yeah, we get those "cysto" words mixed up sometime and am glad yours ends in "scopy".
I've never had BCG but there are many others here who have and I'm sure they will be dropping in to post about that. Again, welcome and we're happy you're here!
Best wishes... Catherine
Forum Moderator Team
TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago#39746by maryland_mike
Hi, all - I'm checking in to this good forum. I will be monitoring and posting throughout my odyssey. Here's my present status:
- Cystoscopy on 8/19/11, performed after CT indicated a 2cm bladder stone (had slight hematuria in urine samples twice over 1 yr.), revealed several "polyps" on bladder wall, and a bladder diverticulum.
- Underwent "trifecta" on 9/28, all in one surgery:
1. HoLAP (Holmium Laser Ablation of the Prostate) for enlarging ureter path through prostate
2. Bladder stone ablation with Holmium laser
3. TURBT, with tissue sent to biopsy
- Diagnosed with Ta, Nx, Mx non-invasive well-differentiated papillary carcinoma on 9/29.
- Urologist recommended BCG during post-op visit on 10/14.
- Received 2nd opinion from Head of Urologic Oncology at highly rated large hospital on 10/18. Opinion for treatment was in total agreement with my urologist's.
I will be starting the BCG in several weeks - we are waiting due to some post-op bleeding. I will post progress reports on this forum. I greatly appreciate the forums here - I have leared a lot about what to expect during the BCG treatment.
Anyone else with bladder diverticula? I would like to communicate with them, as I had cancerous polyps around the mouth of the diverticulum, which the 2nd opinion doctor said should merit special attention, with perhaps removing the diverticulum in the future after the BCG.
Cheers - BTW, the Maryland blue crabs are really good eating this year.
TURBT, HoLAP, bladder stone ablation 9/28/11
Ta, Mx, Nx