Forum

× click the New Topic button to post

My Doctor said, "You'r one lucky kid!"

11 years 8 months ago #4564 by Gman1979
Simon-

Your situation is very similar to mine. I'm 28. I had a tumor the size of a plum (43 grams) removed and I got the same results as yours. I am on the same schedule as you for check ups and poke and peeks. I can also tell you that for a few weeks after, I absolutely positively dreaded going to the bathroom. Peeing was absolutely no fun. I felt the razor blades too.

And, like your doctor, my uro told me there's a 50 percent chance. But, "we'll catch it early," he said. So, like Wendy said, I'm hoping we're both in the 50 percent that doesn't get a recurrence.

"I am third."
-Gayle Sayers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #3248 by Bob_P
Simon,
4 weeks was the magic number for me, after my TURB, for the urinary pain to subside 90%. Then another few weeks to get rid of the other 10%. I've read, in this forum, that 4 weeks was pretty average for others also.  Also, in my case, he said he had to cut the urethra to get the instrument in so, I'm sure, that had to add to my "peeing razors" as you call it.
Good luck with follow up exams!
Bob P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #3226 by Rosie
Once again it is confirmed that size of tumor is not indicative of the seriousness of tumor nor an indication of it becoming invasive in the future. Papillary tumors are of less concern that all other tumors as to progressing and/or invading. They do, however, recur quite often. I have seen many write ups questioning if these papillary tumors shoudl even be labeled as cancer as they seldom react as the definition of cancer meaning invasion and spread to other organs than can cause death.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #3216 by Simon
Thanks again Wendy.

Simon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #3212 by wendy
Hi Simon,

That's good news, I"m happy for you.

People complain of the pains you describe, it sounds awful but not necessarily a complication. Keep an eye out for symptoms of infection and if that kidney pain continues have a urine test to rule out infections. For sure, update your uro on the state of things.

I hope you fall into the 50% that get NO recurs, ever.

All the best,
Wendy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #3208 by timb
What I found about my own pain is that they were harder to get rid of than prevent. In other words if I left it til things got really bad before I took pain meds then sometimes it was almost too late. So now, when I get pain I drop the pain meds early on! I don't go crazy but I don't want to take twice as much later on when a little would have done the job earlier. I just trust my body is healing and, for me, feel it heals better when the mind isn't focused on feeling grotty. If you had a mandarin sized tumour removed just after xmas I'm not surprised you still have pain. I found it took sometimes 6 weeks for residual pain and trauma to fix for me. Back and abdomen pain is pretty common with bladder surgery. Not sure about the testicle but I wouldn't be surprised. You can get all kinds of weird sensations with pelvic surgery. If anything overly concerns you then talk to your doc. Infections are also not uncommon.

All the best

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne

Users

Total Online: 1 User and 312 Guests 
Regor's AvatarRegor

Legend: Site Administrator Global Moderator Moderator Banned User Guest

Statistics

Total Messages: 50846 Total Sections: 1 Today Open: 1 Today Total Answer: 10
Total Subjects: 6515 Total Categories: 11 Yesterday Open: 1 Yesterday Total Answer: 5
Total Users: 7772 Latest User: AussieG
Powered by Kunena Forum