Forum

× click the New Topic button to post

New Dilemma?

9 years 1 month ago #28235 by kcnorthstar
I think you need to get some more opinions on the pathology. If it is indeed T3 you are getting into dangerous territory. Most uros recommend bladder removal for T2. I remember what I went through trying to decide if I should continue BCG or get my bladder out. It was the hardest decision I have ever made in my life. I asked my GP what he thought and I will never forget his response. He recommended that I concentrate on saving my life and not an organ. In the end though it is your decision and not a doctors or anyone elses.

KC

Age 59
DX Jan 2006 - T1B G3
RC - Neobladder June 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #28231 by rudyskier
Thanks Pat: The Surgeon and I are taking that into consideration as she wants to view the pathology herself before considering an alternative to surgery. Mainly she wants to see if I have been properly diagnosed as far as staging. I originally thought that I was beyond superficial when Cysto removed CIS on my last two operations. So, if she finds anything to indicate otherwise I have already scheduled the surgery just in case. This way I will not waist time. Going to see another Doc tomorrow to discuss same thing... see what he has to say.

Not fun in either case, but I am determined to get through this thing as best I can with the best of all possible outcomes.

Thanks for all the help

Rudy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #28226 by Bill Jr
:) One thing for sure, you'll be in our prayers, that the Lord will give both you and your Dr the wisdom to make just the right decision, at just the right time:) May you be well, my friend!

62
Turbt (May 09)
T1 High grade
Began BCG June 09 (every 3-mo for next 2-yrs)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #28213 by Patricia
Rudy...read this...its free to register and read......
http://www.urotoday.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view_ua&id=2224805#
Its your call.....but we all know of cases of understaging.
There are more articles on this in "Articles of Interest"....
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #28212 by mmc
The CIS part is what would make me nervous. It's not always visible from the scope so be sure to get regular, frequent cytologies.

When mine came back, I had decided to get it out before I knew it was invasive. But that's just me. Given what the doc says in your case, it's a tough call.

Having a bladder is better than not having one, but not having one is better than being dead and easy enough to get used to.

Sounds like both options are very viable.

Gee...all this and I've said nothing. If I didn't have ethics, I could go into politics! :)

My best answer: I don't know how to advise you. There are risks both ways and benefits both ways.

Sorry I can't be of more help Rudy.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #28209 by rudyskier
I am putting this out there to gain some perspective from all of you experienced warriors.

I've just come from a consult for what I thought would be prep-interview with a top Bladder surgeon. What I found out was a much better description of my condition than I had gotten from my Uro Doc.

The Dilemma: My cancer has progressed from T1 to T3 in 5 years, I thought that once it got to T3 I was done. I thought I needed to have the bladder removed. What I did not know was that it is still considered superficial because the Stage has not progressed beyond the inner liner of the bladder wall. Urothelium, Propia... This according to the Surgeon enables me to try another round (this will be my 3rd) of Chemo probably BCG. Surgeon says I am in a very gray area! So do I just get it over with and remove the bladder or give Chemo one more shot? If I am closely monitored do I risk waiting and try the Chemo? Or is it just not worth it and go for the removal?
I am consulting another surgeon tomorrow.
Any and all thoughts welcome!

Rudy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne

Users

Total Online: 1 User and 323 Guests 
dtat60's Avatardtat60

Legend: Site Administrator Global Moderator Moderator Banned User Guest

Statistics

Total Messages: 50850 Total Sections: 1 Today Open: 0 Today Total Answer: 3
Total Subjects: 6515 Total Categories: 11 Yesterday Open: 1 Yesterday Total Answer: 11
Total Users: 7773 Latest User: WoundNurse
Powered by Kunena Forum