I have had 2 recurrences treated in surgery, but last cystos and urine tests all clear. I go for my next on the 19th , still 3monthly after initial dx in 2005, because of high grade. All I want for Christmas is a clean cysto. (not a pink toothbrush). Please let me know how you go on
Are any of these Uro's doing a TURB and taking a pathological sample with muscle included to determine stage and grade or are they just guessing what they are seeing is non-invasive?
This paper written in l999 but unfortunately still up to date..
So you have had to cystos and only had tumours once? Or were there tumours during found in your 2nd cysto?
I had 3 cystos, with tumours found, taken out and cauterized. After the 3rd time he started me on BCG treatments. I have had 2 rounds of that without success. More timours on 4th cysto, more tumours on 5th cysto. I will start another course of BCG in Jan.
Perhaps your URO is waiting to see if this time there are more and then he'd take action. I don't know but I wish you luck on the 16th.
Hope everyone is doing ok. i am going for third cysto the 16th , hope no more tumors.
If any are found what is usually done? after last one he didn't do anything but make me wait til this time. Maybe he will do treatments again or something if a tumor shows up? Seems like he should do something besides just taking it out and cauterizing.