× click new topic to begin your post

No surgery

1 month 1 week ago #57758 by Alan

Welcome. Surgery is certainly a personal decision and I am not second guessing your decision plus I have not had to face this. I am assuming you have done enough research to know that muscle invasive BC followed by a cystectomy gives on the best chance of long term survival. I can appreciate being age 75 can be part of any dialogue also. I personally know 4 friends/aquaintenances that have gone through this. One with the illeal conduit, one with an Indiana pouch and two with a neo bladder. All are past 3 years and for the most part doing well with their decisions. That is all my 2 cents worth. I am adding a good link on the 3 types of diversions:

Feel free to post anytime. We all learn from each other!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 1 week ago #57757 by madscout
I am at my last 2 chemo treatments I have stage 2 muscle invasive cancer and will have my tests the last week in June. I don't want surgery as I am 75 and in good shape, is there anyone out there that is in a similar situation? I think my Dr .wants to take my bladder and prostate out even if the results of my tests are positive. Please advise asap and I would rather have good quality life more than longevity of life.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne


Total Online: 0 Users and 695 Guests 


Today Total Opened: 0 Today Total Answered: 0 Latest User: ninacolada
Yesterday Total Opened: 1 Yesterday Total Answered: 7
Total Posts: 52345 Total Subjects: 6783 Total Users: 8278
Powered by Kunena Forum