Forum

× click new topic to begin your post

Latest update.....................................

11 years 6 months ago #22446 by Webs
Anne

Glad to hear there is no spread. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well on the 20th. Glad to hear you might not have to do chemo.

Charlotte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #22440 by Maria
Anne, thinking of you at this time.
My oncologist used the 'watch and wait' approach (previously explained)
I am pleased, you seem to have a good doc there who is not rushing in with chemo. However, if you do need to have chemo in the future, we are here for you.
Hope to talk to you soon. Maria xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #22411 by pemquid
Anne--
That does indeed sound like good news, if anything about cancer can be considered "good." At least you'll have a much bigger crowd of fellow survivors with the breast cancer than you do with the blc. (Here in the U.S. we have all kinds of funding, support and community awareness for breast cancer, and none to speak of for bladder.)

Best of luck with the additional surgery.

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #22408 by Betsy Mae
Me again!

Went back to see the Breast Consultant this afternoon. He told me that the regional breastcare centre he consulted with have agreed with him and my Urology team. They are going to treat my breast cancer as a primary. He said, when pushed, that the tumour was 'of signet ring cell type' as the original urachal tumour was. I suppose that this means that technically I do have a secondary but he was very positive about a good prognosis and we know there is no further spread at present.
So - onwards we go for surgery on 20th November as planned. He will remove the remaining part of the tumour from my breast cavity and the axilliary lymph nodes just to make sure. I assume that if the margins are clear this time I will then see the Oncologist to discuss whether chemo will be necessary. He was unwilling to discuss the possibility of chemo at the appointment but wanted me to 'wait and see'. If I need it then I will be happy to have it but do not want to put myself through it if unnecessary.I will, however, require radiotherapy.
On a fun note - good to hear that I am still 'very young' for all of this to happen!!!!

Anne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #22238 by Patricia
Anne...so sorry...but its a good thing that they're getting a second opinion on this. Bladder cancer usually doesn't go to the breast...it prefers the liver, lungs or kidneys........so lets hope they confer with the original opinion. Breathe.......hoping for the best....Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #22234 by Webs
Anne,
I am so sorry that you are going through this. Did he give any indication why he has changed his mind? Seems to me that is a big bomb to drop without giving you his reasoning. I am praying that the second consult matches your Uro's so that you do not have to worry about secondaries. Your always in my thoughts.

Charlotte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne

Users

Total Online: 0 Users and 2358 Guests 

Statistics

Today Total Opened: 0 Today Total Answered: 0 Latest User: faith
Yesterday Total Opened: 0 Yesterday Total Answered: 0
Total Posts: 53704 Total Subjects: 7032 Total Users: 8733