Thanks to everyone for the info - it is reassuring to hear from people who have been through what I am facing. I wish you all well and am thankful that this forum exists. Will update as things progress.
I know that mydoc wanted to start ASAP. There was about 2 weeks from last biopsy and then we began BCG's. I don't regret it. I put my faith in the Doc's on this one...I personally didn't see a choice, but to each his own....
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006
I dont think you need to hurry. I had almost same BC rating as you. They have to wait for your bladder to heal before they start BCG. At least that is waht I was told. In my case it was 2 weeks. But after my 6 treatments I still after last turb May 3 rd Doc wants to take blader but I am still researching options. I would if I were you get tha path report and get the other 2 opinions asap becouse all cases are not the same. Don
I had a TURB done on June 23 and got my biopsy results yesterday. I had one tumor removed and it has been assessed as a T1 tumor. Doc says he recommends commencing BCG Treatment for a 6 week period. I informed him I needed time to digest the info. The doc was rushed for time and is leaving on vac for two weeks so I can't get my questions answered for a while. In the meantime, is anyone aware of an ideal time frame post-op to commence BCG? I am thinking of seeking a second opinion but that will take time and I don't want to miss the "ideal" time frame should such a thing exist. Any info much appreciated