Forum

× Welcome click the New Topic button to post

BCG and waiting

2 months 1 day ago #58955 by sara.anne
That is really good news. A second TURB is often done when there is any question at all about the results of the first or when muscle tissue is not present. This has been shown to increase the accuracy of the diagnosis significantly. When I had my first TURB the path report showed low grade papillary and some "areas of unspecific irritation." My urologist decided to do a second TURB with special attention to the dubious areas which turned out to be CIS. I am certainly glad that he did!!!

Keep us posted

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 1 day ago #58954 by GREGIL
I had my appointment at The University of Iowa Hospitals today. Mostly just a consultation. Also an X-ray and labs. I have another appointment on Feb. 11 for another TURB(?) Is that right? They said my original urologist did not include any muscle tissue in the first TURB. They want to see if the tumor has spread to the muscle, or has grown since October. For the first time I feel I am moving forward with my treatment, rather than just waiting for someone to call. Good or bad, at least something is happening. Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #58893 by DonaldK
GREGIL

Am glad to hear you are finally getting somewhere. Keep the faith that all will work out for you. Try not to get too frustrated as that is never helpful.

Keep us posted.

Ciao

Hi Grade T1 CIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #58892 by Alan
Good to hear you case is going forward. Sorry you have had the runaround!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #58891 by GREGIL
My wife was finally able to talk to the nurse at my Dr. office. She apologized and stated that she was not ignoring us, but there simply wasn't any news to tell. I don't know about you, but it sure seemed like being ignored to me. Good news or bad, someone in our situation deserves to hear something over a several week period. They still cannot say when they will get access to BCG.
We decided to have my case referred to Iowa City hospitals, and that's what the nurse did. I now have an appointment for the 29th of January. I am sure this is just for introductions and consultation, but at least it seems like I am doing something. Finally. Maybe something will start happening now.
Although Iowa City Hospitals is located in Iowa, and I am in Illinois, it is only about 30 minutes farther away than my clinic is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 3 weeks ago #58864 by Regor
I am on a re-Induction, #4 of 6 performed, and my provider in Southern California has also stated the shortage is over, and they have a healthy supply of BCG.

TURBT Jan 2019; Diag: CIS
Induction BCG (Mar 19) /Maint BCG (Aug 19)
TURBT Nov 2019; Diag: CIS
Repeat Induction BCG - Jan 2020 Complete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne

Users

Total Online: 0 Users and 2053 Guests 

Statistics

Today Total Opened: 0 Today Total Answered: 0 Latest User: anamikasingh
Yesterday Total Opened: 0 Yesterday Total Answered: 2
Total Posts: 53533 Total Subjects: 6997 Total Users: 8679