Forum

× Welcome click the New Topic button to post

Diagnosed 4/19/17

2 years 4 months ago #53255 by Sunchaserwolf
Hi CLTYXX,

The only other option my URO gave me was a chemo/radiation combination therapy but I was told the cancer could come back. I would need to have an RC afterwards but the intestine they would need to use for an ileal conduit would be fried by the radiation. If I do opt for an RC I want to be able to go into OR with a clear conscience. I can't do that yet.

Best of luck with your second TURBT! I hope it presents the clarification that is needed in choosing the treatment that you feel is right for you. It's anxiety inducing, I know, and the waiting between the procedure and test results can be nerve wracking.

Good luck with your research! I agree this group is a great compass and anchor while navigating the turbulent seas of BC. None of us is alone in this fight with BC.

Take care and best wishes in your search!

CT Urogram 3.5 x 2.8 tumor found. - 3/23/17
Cystoscopy - 3/28/17
TURBT 4.5 x 4.5 x 1.3 cm urothelial carcinoma removed - 4/11/17
Dx T2G3 -4/19/17
MVAC begins - 5/9/17
The following user(s) said Thank You: cltyxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 4 months ago #53253 by cltyxx
Hi Dawn,

I agree with you that it is would be a big life change if going RC. I am not sure I am ready for it. I had a pathology report that not showing conclusive results a couple of weeks ago. But my impression it very possible T2. I will need to have another TURBT so as to get it straight next month.
Meantime, I have read a lot of the posts in this forum and also checked a lot other online resources. There are more questions which make you anxious.
I am a data person and would like to get some ideas on:
1) Bladder preservation vs. RC
Are there any significant difference in the outcome? I have not seen any such conclusions yet.
2) RC vs. other treatments
I bought a couple of books which I guess some folks here can share their opinions.
"The truth about Cancer" and "Outsmart your cancer". Plan to read them in the next few days and see if there are any other alternatives.

I really appreciate the folks in this forum in providing the support and sharing their experience. I feel better seeing I am not alone in this journey...

Good luck!

CLTYXX
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunchaserwolf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 4 months ago #53250 by Sunchaserwolf
Thanks Alan and Hannah!

I am seeing a BC oncologist on Wednesday to get a second opinion and hopefully a different dx. I really can't go along with the RC on a 'maybe' (maybe we removed the whole tumor, maybe we didn't). I could have a clearer conscience about the RC if I knew they didn't get it all out. It's too big of a life change to go on a maybe. We'll see what the BCO says. Thanks again for your help and advice!

Dawn

CT Urogram 3.5 x 2.8 tumor found. - 3/23/17
Cystoscopy - 3/28/17
TURBT 4.5 x 4.5 x 1.3 cm urothelial carcinoma removed - 4/11/17
Dx T2G3 -4/19/17
MVAC begins - 5/9/17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 4 months ago #53249 by Hannah01
Sunchaserwolf, sorry to hear about you…I suggest taking second opinion as chemo will limit the damage but not completely eliminate the risk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunchaserwolf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #53213 by Alan
Sunchaserwolf,

Sorry you have to be here but, welcome. Gary gave good advice on a second opinion especially on grade 2/muscle invasive cancer. Stage 2 usually means cystectomy as the gold standard for the best solution to give one the best chance of beating this. Radiation and chemo do not have near the success rate AND do damage sometimes limiting the type of diversion available. Getting the second opinion may also reveal a different DX so you do have a little time to ponder and ask more questions.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunchaserwolf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #53209 by Sunchaserwolf
Hi Gary!

Thanks! My doctor is referring me to a residency hospital(?) which would be more affordable for me.

Now that I know what I have I can tailor specific questions for the BC oncologist. I will ask my GP to recommend another URG for a second opinion. Lol. I didn't want to be a member but part of me had other plans.B)

CT Urogram 3.5 x 2.8 tumor found. - 3/23/17
Cystoscopy - 3/28/17
TURBT 4.5 x 4.5 x 1.3 cm urothelial carcinoma removed - 4/11/17
Dx T2G3 -4/19/17
MVAC begins - 5/9/17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne

Users

Total Online: 0 Users and 1549 Guests 

Statistics

Today Total Opened: 0 Today Total Answered: 0 Latest User: eggie
Yesterday Total Opened: 1 Yesterday Total Answered: 1
Total Posts: 52640 Total Subjects: 6839 Total Users: 8400
Powered by Kunena Forum