Being scheduled for BCG is good - that and regular, frequent check-ups for any return of cancer is the recommended course of treatment.
Hope it goes smoothly.
What's with this Bleeding ? 6/2015
DX: HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
T0 CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one (only) kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo , round 3
Begin year 4 with cis T0
I had my 2nd TURB on 05/26/2017 and had a discussion with my doctor yesterday. He told me that the results were "NEC" (No evidence of Cancer). The original words in the report were "Residual Urothelial Carcinoma is not identified".
Looks like I got lucky this time and dodged a bullet. Will be on my way to BCG treatment soon.
I have read many posts in this society and learned so much. Hope everyone have good luck!
A pretty common occurrence for what you are facing. A second TURB is almost always done when it is unclear that good margins aren't found or high grade cells are found. If you are 1 1/2 I would tell you it is high grade. There is no one half. I even asked my URO almost the same question. Also, if you have ANY reservations a second opinion is good or, a little less complicated is sending your slides to John Hopkins pathology for a reading to concur. Many on this board have done that.
DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.