Forum

× Welcome click the New Topic button to post

Newly diagnoised with questions.

3 years 3 days ago - 3 years 3 days ago #51964 by sara.anne
Hi John, and welcome to the club you didn't want to join!!

Yes, your doctor seems to be doing exactly what he should Some urologists do a wash of the bladder immediately after the TURB (while you are still asleep) and some don't. For high grade, non-invasive cancer, BCG IS the treatment of choice, and the urologist needs to wait until the bladder has healed from the TURB...usually 3-4 weeks. In your case, since the tumor was so large and the "open wound" area correspondingly large, his caution in waiting a bit longer is certainly justified. If there is any chance of the BCG getting into your blood system, he will postpone the treatment.

However, IMHO, once the bladder is healed BCG would definitely be indicated. At that point, I would want a really good reason why he wouldn't recommend it.

Good luck to you (and BTW, contributions are always helpful...this is truly a volunteer organization!!)

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: dani

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 days ago - 3 years 3 days ago #51962 by Sean T
Hello,

I've been lurking around for a few weeks reading the forum posts and gathering information but I haven't felt the need to make a post until now. (I will be sending a donation to Dalton this weekend as the information I have gathered so far has been very valuable to me.)

Anyway, in short, here is my situation:

I had a TURBT a few weeks ago and two tumors were removed. One was very large (6.0 cm x 6.0 cm x 1.5 cm) and was T1HG. The other tumor was smaller (1.5 cm x 1.5 cm x 0.3 cm) and was Stage 0, low grade.

My doctor believes he got all of the tumors out. So here is my first question (of many):

I saw my doctor the other day and he said he isn't doing any further treatment for three months. From everything I've read it seems a dose of mitomycin or some BCG is the normal next immediate step, especially considering that I had multiply tumors and one was very large and high grade. He was saying that because the tumor was so big he wants to give my bladder time to heal before he applies any medication, if any medication is needed at all.

Does this sound right? Any opinions?

08/16/16 - TURBT - 1 tumor, T1HG, 7.5 cm x 7.5 cm x 1.8 cm, non-invasive papillary.
BCG treatments (15 rounds total - last March, 2018). As of latest cysto, Jun 19, 2019 - cancer free!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne

Users

Total Online: 0 Users and 1517 Guests 

Statistics

Today Total Opened: 0 Today Total Answered: 0 Latest User: eggie
Yesterday Total Opened: 1 Yesterday Total Answered: 1
Total Posts: 52640 Total Subjects: 6839 Total Users: 8400
Powered by Kunena Forum