Forum

× Welcome click the New Topic button to post

Please help with this diagnosis

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #49453 by Alan
As Sara Anne indicated a second look at the path report is a good option. Or, simply just get a second uro, path and scope. Or, accelerate the 6 month wait to 3 or 4 months. All sound plausible to me.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #49451 by ttchick
Thanks...I'll have to do that. Its difficult because the doctor kept saying he was not concerned at all. But everything I am reading about hyperplasia is that its a precursor to somthing else. There is not much out there in the literature about treatment of hyperplasia though or how long one should wait before it gets worse. That iswhy I am cconcerned about the 6 month wait to repeat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #49447 by OldEngineer
I strongly second Sara Anne's advice. I got a second opinion on my cancer from Sloan Kettering and it actually differed from the original pathology report - in a good direction - but when I asked my urologist about this, he told me that pathology is often as much an art as a science. So I would encourage a second opinion on any pathology data. To make that happens does require the slides be provided to the second pathologist, which can be a bit of a logistics effort but it is well worth it.

Needless to say - best wishes to you and your husband on this!!

T1 high grade transcell diagnosed 8/14/2015
TURBT 8/21/2015, removed tumor (17mmX14mmX11mm)
Repeat TURBT performed 9/25/2015
Pathology Report: no residual cancer detected
BCG planned starting in October

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #49442 by ttchick
Thank you for your advice ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #49441 by sara.anne
Of course it is possible that they are pre-cancerous. One thing that you might consider is to have the pathology slides sent to Johns-Hopkins for a second opinion. Many members have done this and it is a "second opinion by mail." This
might give you a better handle on what the possibilities are.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #49439 by ttchick
Thank you so much sara anne. I'm just worried that these cells are pre-cancerous.
Do you think we shd rest easy for now or get a second opinion right away. I'm just wondering
if waiting 6 months is too long...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne

Users

Total Online: 0 Users and 365 Guests 

Statistics

Total Messages: 50877 Total Sections: 1 Today Open: 0 Today Total Answer: 4
Total Subjects: 6518 Total Categories: 11 Yesterday Open: 0 Yesterday Total Answer: 4
Total Users: 7783 Latest User: sarahwelson
Powered by Kunena Forum