6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago#43840by mmc
I'd suggest you go to Sloan. Any recurrences of high grade pretty much tells you the direction this is going. Let the docs at Sloan make the recommendation on removal or not but the question YOU have to decide is how aggressive do you want to be in treating this in light of the ramifications of the course of action. For me it was a no-brainer but we all have to decide that for ourselves.
Hi guys. Thank you for the great responses. Well yesterday 1/5/13 we went back in to do the biopsies and after the doctor came in to see me and showed me four pictures of cancer that is still there. I immediately asked him if the aggressive one was still there and he said no BUT lets see what the biopsies reveal. Could he been trying to make not worry or was he being totally factual? So now another wait to Monday January 14th. to discuss the results. I am wondering if I should be paying another visit to New York, Dr. Balgagni,Sloan Kettering, who Sara.Ann said is an excellent doctor. When I visited him 2 or 3 months ago, he said, if I remember correctly, do the BCG treatments and if they don't work, come to New York to have the bladder taken out. I do have this week out of work to finish up my vacation time or loose it by the end of the week. Not scheduled to be back until the day of my appointment. I have read where a number of people here had wished they did the neobladder from the beginning because they were not succesful with the BCG treatments. So it is confusing as to what to do know? Sara.Ann, moderators, etc. what do you guys think? Thank-You. Louie
Hi Guys. So when I went to the doctor this past Monday, Dec. 3rd., he said good news was the urine shows no sign of cancer. Probably not to big of a deal, but I will take it. He wants to go back in to check things out and possibly take some biopsies. Sorry for my not so great English. Always was much better with math. Anyway, I am scheduled for January 2nd. He said the wait is for the inflamation to subside. Also, thank-you very much to those who have responded. Louie
Hi Guys. Thank-You for the responses. Sara.Ann, It will be 12 days from my last(6th.) treatment this Mondays appointment. If he schedules the going back in 2 weeks later, that will be a total of 26 days after the last treatment. Everyone else, what questions should I be asking monday? Thanks a bunch. Louie