Hi Sara Ann AND everyone else. Well I started BCG treatments and tomorrow November 7th. will be #4 of 6. The side effects are somewhat different every week. I definitely have my days of tiredness and the part I really dislike is the sporadic nausea. Two nights ago, 4 days after treatment #3, was the worst. did not vomit but felt pretty close. The girl who administers the BCG was informed today but she has not called me back yet. I will be seeing her tomorrow 11am. Are anti-nausea meds given to us that have the BCG. I would hope so but you guys know a lot more about it than I do. Thank-You. Louie
Yes, it does sound as if you are clear-headed. And that is going to be important. It will be interesting to see what Dr. Dalbagni comes up with. IF there is no muscle invasion, the CIS might indicate that BCG would be a good thing to try. It can be very effective, especially for CIS.
Will be anxiously awaiting your report.
Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
OK guys. Here is the latest. Had the second restaging TURBT mid September here in Providence,R.I. Still HG UCC, Ta or T1, with CIS, all mid trigonal area. There was no muscle invasion in large amount of muscle removed from the trigone. UCC Ta or T1 + CIS, non muscle invasive. S/P Restaging TURBT. Also saw Dr. Dalbagni at Memorial Sloan Kettering in Manhattan this past Tuesday, Oct. 2nd. He has all information from both TURBTs. The glass slides arrived the day I was there, so he told me to call him Monday Oct. 15th. because they have to be sent to pathology and he will be away next week. He did mention BCG OR another possible TURBT. I did enjoy staying in Tarrytown,N.Y. the previous night then did the Chinatown/Little Italy thing before I came home. I did notice in the Description of Procedure: for the last TURBT. There was previous resection defect in the intertrigonal ridge. However, there were multiple areas concerning for CIS surrounding the left ureteral orifice and in the right and left lateral wall. Good thing I am having a pretty clear headed day so I could give any of you as thourough a description as possible. Thank-You. Louie
Hi Sara Ann. The doctors office called Thursday and the Pre testing is Sept. 6th. The TURB is Sept. 13th. The results will be Sept 25th. but I can get a phone call the following day. The last part sounds like the call is if it,s urgent etc. I really dislike having this TURB seven weeks after the first one. Dr. Dalbagni at MSK in New York will be coming back from vacation the same day as the TURB, Sept. 13th. This info was over the phone, so I probably I got it right. Will have the letter by Wednesday in regards to all the info. Thank-You. Louie