Good thing Halloween is just around the corner otherwise the wait would surely drive you nuts.
I hope you don't mind if I move this thread you started to from 'storyboard' to 'newly diagnosed' as it would be the better spot for it. Once you have a concrete diagnosis and if you wish to post about it, I'd advise you to put it under the best folder for whatever that diagnosis turns out to be (superfiical or invasive).
I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Chris' advice to set up a second opinion is wise.
Don't know what kind of center you're going to but second pathology opinions are often quite useful too.
You can't do anything untill the surgery and biopsy/pathology. I'm not sure how the heck he could diagnose you with G2 (Grade 2/3 agressiveness) cancer without a path report. Maybe he was referring to estimating the cancer stage, not grade?
Nothing you can do until Halloween, except maybe line up a second opinion urologist. If the cancer is stage T2 or higher (or maybe even T1) the uro may have some recommendations as to further treatment that you will want to get a second opinion ASAP on.
Diagnosed T1G3 - 3/01/06
37 yo, Seattle, WA
Tommy, I am female, 50 yrs old and had a 5cm tumor removed Sept 11th. It had not penetrated the bladder muscle and was low aggressiveness. Many on this site told me the size did not mean the severity and they were right. I was very fortunate that such a big tumor had done such little damage. Hopefully yours will be the same. Good luck to you. Elaine
female- Indiana, USA
smoked cigarettes- 1975-?
5cm-noninvasive- low grade- papillary
TURB- Sept 11,2006
I am a 59 year old man and I have just been diag with BC, 5cm, G2 (Dr. thinks). Surgery set for Halloween. Dr says he thinks it the size of a golf ball at the bottom of my bladder. I've had pee urgency for a year, Dr thought maybe prostate. Did ultrasound on my bladder after voiding, and I still retained 206cc. Cysto found tumor. What do I do now? Wait for surgery and biopsy for true staging and grade? Any help is appreciated. Thanks