Forum

× Welcome click the New Topic button to post

1st Turb down!!

11 years 3 months ago #16665 by newbie08
Hi all,

Our appointment is set for this week to recieve biopsy and all other results, thank god for getting the appointment moved forward, can't wait for the waiting and unknown to be over!!

Is there any area on this website that suggests questions to ask at the appointment, also is there any area that gives an idea of what treatment is an option for each stage/grade etc...Would like to have an idea before going in to keep shock/upset/tears to a minimum and have right questions ready!!!

Thanks all x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #16549 by tahoemom
:)Hoooooooray! Dad is doing great , hope the results are just as great.
Makes such a difference when you have a good doc and his staff to work with .

Continued good news ! :-*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #16546 by newbie08
Got CT results this morning, all clear ;D

One step in the right direction!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #16514 by newbie08
Hi all,

My dad had Turb on Tues, went ok, doc thinks he got it all, it was pretty big though, about ¼ size of his bladder, does this seem abnormally big or does size matter?

My dad will be in hospital until Saturday which surprised me seen as according to a lot of posts on this site, a lot of people are out on the same day! He was pretty sick and sore Tues and Wednesday and even today, his catheter kept clotting and this caused a lot of discomfort, it blocked so many times that they had to remove it this morning! Suppose no man expects tubes to be sticking out of his manly bits for too long LOL...

I spoke to the doc after the operation, very nice man, I’ve dealt with a lot of docs and he certainly was one of the nicest, he answered all my questions (as best he could at this early stage!) and there was no time pressure or anything, I was very impressed that he recognises we're people and not just a number, I think he thought I was a bit mental with my A4 sheet of questions, its a running joke in my family now :)

He said he couldn’t answer what stage etc it was but that there was a 30% chance it had some sort of invasion :( What does this mean, I suppose I should see the positive side, its 70% it’ll be fine but obviously I'm worried sick! AM I being naïve, could the growth still be benign??

Results not for 2/3 weeks now, more waiting :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne

Users

Total Online: 0 Users and 1222 Guests 

Statistics

Today Total Opened: 0 Today Total Answered: 2 Latest User: Ohwon
Yesterday Total Opened: 1 Yesterday Total Answered: 1
Total Posts: 52459 Total Subjects: 6805 Total Users: 8337
Powered by Kunena Forum