Your case sounds a lot like mine.
I was diagnosed April Fools Day last year.
I had 6 BCG treatments over the summer. My first
cystoscope, a few months after BCG showed no signs of any recurrence.
My Dr. just took another look today and said it's still 100% clean! I'll do
3 more BCG treatments in April and then checkups on a regular basis after that.
Being the eternal optimist, I'll say I've beaten it.
It never hurts to get a second opinion but his plan sounds
exactly like the one I followed.
All I can add is to be optimistic. It can be dealt with and gotten past.
I intend to be living proof of that for many years to come.
We have the same Dx...multi-focal T1 G3. I feel very comfortable with my Urologist decision to do a Re TURB about 6 weeks after initial TURB to check for residual tumor. He did find residual too!! I had Mitomycin with each TURB and began BCG's about 5 months after initial Dx.
I obtained a 2nd opinion (and 3rd biopsy) from a nearby University teaching hospital which was also a multidisciplinary clinic. This means that there were Urologists, Radiologist and Oncologist all sitting at a round table discussing my case.
If there is any way to obtain a second opinion from a teaching hospital or multidisciplinary clinic, I would highly recommend it.
Nice to meet you,
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006
I was recently diagnosed and had a TURB Surgery and pathology reports are Back.
I had a multi focal (Total of 3)small tumors, Transcitional Cell Carcinomas of high grade, T1- Had not invaded the muscle.
The Dr. is recommending BCG Treatment and next follow up Cystoscopy 3 month after the initial TUR. But he has not recomended a new TUR. Should He? Who should i see for a second opinion, a Urologist, Oncologis?