Bladder neck obstruction after BCH treatment

7 years 8 months ago #51653 by neil0neil
Replied by neil0neil on topic Bladder neck obstruction after BCH treatment
Nothing has changed. Still catheterizing every other day. Scheduled to have cystoscopy January, 2017. Just staying the course. Have learned to live with current situation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #51652 by Brutfull
Replied by Brutfull on topic Bladder neck obstruction after BCH treatment
oh I am so sorry for this... But I've seen a month passed and no updates, would you be so kind to update how's your cancer treatment going, please?

7 years 8 months ago #51564 by neil0neil
Replied by neil0neil on topic Bladder neck obstruction after BCH treatment
Yes, I had two lesions (T1) removed near the bladder neck. Have been catheterizing myself every other day. This helps somewhat.

7 years 8 months ago #51558 by jeffrx

Hi. Welcome to the site. I know that obstruction is a rare side effect of BCG therapy. Also, sometimes if you have a TURBT close to the bladder neck, it can cause an obstruction. Do you know if your surgery was performed near the obstruction site? If so, this could be the cause. I'm not sure what can be done about it, but I would think a surgical procedure might be possible to open the passageway to the urethra.

12/2015 - TURBT, non-invasive T1, mixed grade, 3 tumors
1/2016 - Begin BCG weekly for 6 weeks

7 years 9 months ago #51450 by neil0neil
After 9 rounds of BCH treatment I was diagnosed with urinary bladder neck constriction (or obstruction). Have managed this by catheterizing myself every other day. Has anyone else had this problem. I am told it is uncommon.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne