turbt 5 weeks ago... painful urination now

8 years 2 months ago #50517 by sammyy
Replied by sammyy on topic turbt 5 weeks ago... painful urination now

sorry if I wasn't clear.

yes, the Turb was followed by the pathology report to confirm low grade cancer.

and to update things.... the pain started to diminish on Friday (I could urinate standing up and only needed to clench one fist..... woooo hooo....!)

how ever, I passed a finger sized blood clot Friday night, and from Friday thru this morning (Tuesday) my urine was the color of cranberry juice, start to finish. (no cola coloring, or wisps/fingers of blood in the urine, or anything 'clear'.) just constant, bright red with large dark clots that had to be 'forced' out. And I was urinating every two hours or less, and drinking a lot of fluids. most of the pain went away when the blood started.

this morning everything cleared up for the most part, the blood had diminished to traces of coloa coloring in clear/yellowish urine, the clots passed easily and were smaller (except for the one this afternoon.... very large).

I see the urologist this Thursday for the camera scoping of the balder (which I wasn't scheduled for the first one until march).

A tad concerned, this amount of blood five plus weeks later just seems odd. (I still don't think the urologist's office took me totally serious when I told them how much blood was coming out)

I'm glad it has stopped for the most part today.

actually, the dying need to urinate every few hours has gone away as well.

still, anyone experience symptom's like these 5 weeks after a Turb?

40 year old male.
T1 Low Grade
Turbt done on 12-4-15

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #50490 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic turbt 5 weeks ago... painful urination now
Hello
I am NOT a Dr. But
I have always been under the impression that a TURB is followed by a pathology report. And the results of the report will indicate.....

Negative...... no cancer..... no need for a followup TURB.... Yaaaaaaaaaay!

Positive......cancer ........ Another TURB to check for clear margins. If there is still cancerous cells..... additional procedures will be taken.

Here's to hoping that there was no cancer..... Ask for the pathology report. If they did not send anything to pathology.... find another urologist and get another TURB

Don't take anything for granted at this point...... Getting a handle on this early is the best way to survive bc

Best of luck
George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

8 years 2 months ago #50484 by sammyy
Replied by sammyy on topic turbt 5 weeks ago... painful urination now

I got retested at the beginning of the week for infection (still negative) and finished the cipro. on Monday I think.

thankfully the urologist called me this morning to check in.

yesterday and thru last night the pain finally started subsiding (just a mild to major burn now...)and I had some heavy blood in the urine this morning (more like a little urine in the blood. thankfully that has cleared up as the day goes on....)

urologist is still saying to monitor it for the next couple of days to see if it gets better as he has pretty much ruled out infection. kidneys looked fine based on the urine testing too....

short of the camera going up there to look around I am not sure what else they could even do?

he did say it was not normal 5 weeks out to have this reaction (he said typically 10-12 days after the procedure is more typical).

40 year old male.
T1 Low Grade
Turbt done on 12-4-15

8 years 2 months ago #50477 by Alan
No, this is not normal. My URO advised me I might pass an old clot and tissue about 2 weeks post my 1st TURB and he was right. Pain and the other sysptons are certainly symptomatic of a UTI and I read you were treated for that. I would guess it is still there and you beat it back for a few days to have it come back. You ARE paying for the doc's services. Call him.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sammyy

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #50474 by sammyy
hello...

so I started in the intro forum when I first found this place back in decemebr of 2015 and I guess I should ask in this forum now...?

I had my turbt done on Dec. 4. There was no follow up treatment planned, just scheduled cystoscopy's for a while.

The procedure went fine, had it done on a Friday (dec 4th) and had the catheter removed the following Monday.

no real complaints. Urinating and everything went back to normal pretty quick.

a week and half ago (1/9/16) I started having frequent painful urination with pain in what felt like the bladder area and length of the uretha. The next day I started having blood in the urine and solids (fleshy solids....) it didn't take long for the pain to become severe.

went to the urologist on Tuesday of that week. He seemed to think it was normal and caused by the Turbt.

First question; Does that seem normal? 5 weeks later? (he said it could be scar tissue, aggravating the area the tumor was removed from etc etc)

Second question; I started antibiotics for UTI and the next day the pain in the blader was gone.

how ever the painful urination, blood, and solids are still present. (quite sever at times). and I get pain in what feels like the bladder/pelvis area on occasion now too.

By sunday afternoon, everything was getting back to normal (no pain, normal urinating schedule, etc etc) by Monday morning, pain, blood etc etc back.

Sunday night thru Monday I had constant pain in my urethra and sever pain in the uretha during urination. the constant pain has since passed and now its only when I urinate really.

now I am back to pain only when I urinate for the most part today (mainly uretha, but it does on occasion emanate from what feels like the bladder). Blood and solids are clearing up a bit (same thing happened yesterday).

does this seem like a 'normal' reaction 5 weeks after having the TurbT done?

40 year old male.
T1 Low Grade
Turbt done on 12-4-15

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne