now a lung nodule

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #54116 by moorpheus
Replied by moorpheus on topic now a lung nodule
I am scheduled for TUR Thursday (it is Monday). After my pre-op chest xray and Uro CT scans (w/o, dye, after) I was told there was a nodule in my lungs so I needed a chest CT.

Boy was I scared. I figured metastasizing doom and gloom, and was quite upset.

Turned out to be a "granuloma" and not a problem. Phew.

So, TUR is still on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #49459 by OldEngineer
Replied by OldEngineer on topic now a lung nodule
Sorry for the late response, but let me just add that I have had multiple lung nodules over my life (still have them), and as Cynthia said, the probability that they were cancer is pretty low. Of course that probability depends upon several factors - e.g., smoking, asbestos exposure, etc. But bottom line is that it is not cancer until the doctor tells you it is cancer. Pursue the matter expeditiously to get an authoritative answer to that. And - best wishes to you and your husband, I hope and pray it is benign.

T1 high grade transcell diagnosed 8/14/2015
TURBT 8/21/2015, removed tumor (17mmX14mmX11mm)
Repeat TURBT performed 9/25/2015
Pathology Report: no residual cancer detected
BCG planned starting in October

8 years 6 months ago #49398 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic now a lung nodule
We actually have a user who's husband just had a very simular situation. His was it either a stage 3 or 4 a few years ago. He had a nod in his lungs and after the biopsy it was found to be non cancerous and all is well. We have seen both outcome lympnodes can be enlarge for several different reasons and just one of them is cancer. If it is cancer the question is what type and from there the treatment options become clearer. I am sorry I am not of much help and I know waiting for answers is hard.
Please keep us updated and we are here if you need us.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society
The following user(s) said Thank You: Theoks

8 years 6 months ago #49395 by Theoks
now a lung nodule was created by Theoks
My husband has been successfully treated over last two years for CIS stage 0. Today we discovered that he has a nodule on his lung . Will have a CT Wednesday . In the meantime has anyone dealt with bladder cancer and lung cancer ? If so any advice would be appreciated .

Thanks

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne