Pathology Results In

9 years 5 months ago #47431 by AnneH
Replied by AnneH on topic Pathology Results In
Results after meeting with my Doctor.

Doctor said it's the same grade as the one from February grade two. I stated that is no longer used, it's either high or low..he said okay it's low. Asked what are our next steps, he said do nothing until your three month cystoscope, slated for February. I stated the BCG didn't work he said we don't know that to be true, it might have progressed without it. Then why wouldn't we continue with BCG? He than proceeded to say he or I shouldn't be surprised if another tumor was found in three months.

Based on his response I sent my slides to John Hopkins, keep in mind they only had slides, didn't know size or that I have had recurrence within first year of diagnosis and had BCG for six weeks.

1. Bladder Tumor resection
A, Benign Urothelium and underlying Stroma.
B. Non-invasive low grade papillary urothelial carcinoma with focal<5% Non invasive high grade papillary urothelial carcinoma.

Note the significance of a very minor component of high grade tumor in an otherwise lower grade lesion is of unknown prognostic significance.

That is what I got, so I'm assuming that my diagnosis from my urologist is correct. I'm hoping someone out there can confirm this.

Thank you everyone..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #47429 by lindamonette
Replied by lindamonette on topic Pathology Results In
Johns Hopkins concurred exactly with original pathology results - Ta high grade non invasive papillary BC. I am scheduled to start BCG on Nov 24. I was previously dx'd since 2006 with low grade non invasive papillary - follow up was cystos along with TURBT 2008, 2010 and Oct 2014.

Your status?

9 years 5 months ago #47423 by AnneH
Replied by AnneH on topic Pathology Results In
I'm very interested in what John Hopkins said , I've sent my slides there, you can read my results on my topic as Oct 27th draws near.

Thank you Anne

9 years 5 months ago #47292 by lindamonette
Pathology Results In was created by lindamonette
My Oct 17 surgical pathology report:

Final pathological diagnosis, TURBT
Fragments of High Grade papillary urothelial carcinoma present, non invasive
Muscle tissue present, free of tumor

Treatment plan remains BCG in 3-4 weeks with new grade: Ta-HG (Papillary non invasive high grade)

Slides onward to Johns Hopkins for second opinion

Previous dx 2006 - Nov 2013 - low grade non invasive papillary urothelial carcinoma

Thanks all for your input, thoughts and prayers!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne