BCG Treatments

9 years 6 months ago #47157 by melmac95
Replied by melmac95 on topic BCG Treatments
Cindy,
So happy to hear that things are going much better for you.. Prayers must be getting answered.. Hope you enjoy your trip, a nice deserved get-away... My husband and I had planned on going there in January and renewing our marriage vows (20 years ) but with everything that has went on in the past couple months, money has gotten tight so back to the drawing board.. We always have another time to go, not letting this little set back stop us..
Love the profile pic, and I agree its nice to have a face to put with the prayers...
Take care and bless you for all your prayers and we will keep you in ours...

Melissa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cindy B.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #47154 by Cindy B.
Replied by Cindy B. on topic BCG Treatments
OK, figured out how to post my picture. Don't have very many. This is one of me on one of my mission trips to Kenya.

9 years 6 months ago #47153 by Cindy B.
Replied by Cindy B. on topic BCG Treatments
Hey Melissa!

This is weird! I was thinking about you guys this morning, and said I needed to email and see how everything was going. Great minds! LOL

Praise Jesus my treatments are done for now! I will be scoped in December and then my doctor will decide what direction to take from there. But for right now, I've got the next 2 1/2 months free. I am just now getting to where it doesn't hurt to go and I am off all pain meds. YEAH!

I will definitely keep your husband in our prayers for a clean report. I love the idea of a little celebration with each clean report. What a great idea.

My husband & I are planning a trip to Hawaii in March. We have enough points for free airfare. It's one we've been trying to do for 3 years and something has always gotten in the way. We've decided that nothing is going to get in the way this time.

Glad to see your picture. Now I can put a face to my prayers. I have to figure out how to put my picture there. Please keep in touch and let me know how his scope comes out. I'll be praying!

Cindy

9 years 6 months ago #47152 by melmac95
Cindy,
Been thinking bout you lately.. Hope your treatments got easier for you. My husband is done with the 6 weeks of BCG, and goes this Thursday for his scope, praying its an all clear. We decided that every all clear he gets, we are planning to celebrate in some way. We will find out Thursday when he is to start the 12 months (1 treatment per month ) maintenance of BCG.
Again, hope things are going good for you. You have been in our prayers..

Melissa

9 years 6 months ago #47050 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic BCG Treatments
So sorry to hear abut folks who are having such a hard time with the BCG. Hope after the first 6 the next ones in 3 months will go better. And to those who aren't having a hard time, I don't think there's any strong evidence that weak to no reactions means it's NOT working. I had a relatively easy time with the BCG, except one time when I did get a high fever and felt lousy, and after that the dosage was reduced to 1/3rd strength. They can even go down to 10% and it can still be effective. While one case doesn't prove anything, I didn't have what I feel was a strong reaction and have been all clear for 6 years now (since the start of the BCG treatments).

For pain and difficulty urinating that persists in the days after, if this doesn't gross people out too much, you could try urinating while taking a hot shower. I actually read this in advice for women who had urethral irritation/injuries after giving birth to a baby, but think it might work post-BCG as well, but of course not the first day when a person might be infectious.

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.
The following user(s) said Thank You: carol58, Cindy B.

9 years 6 months ago #47049 by melmac95
Praying daily that things get better for you.
I have read on this site and on other sites that if the person has side affects from the BCG treatments then that is a sign that they are doing what they are supposed to be doing.. I know everyone is different but would love to know if this is actually the case.
The nurse on Thursday asked if my husband was having any side affects from his treatments, told her that besides the first 2 treatments things have been as if he hasn't even had a treatment. She then stated that lets hope the first 2 treatments did what had to be done....
Not too sure on how to take that but we are praying for positive results. 1 more treatment next week then he has his scope on Oct 9th..
Please keep in touch and let me know how you are doing. You cross my mind a lot and prayers are always going out for you..
Take care and try and enjoy your weekend..

Melissa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cindy B.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne