PD L1 Trial

5 years 1 week ago #57333 by ert
Replied by ert on topic PD L1 Trial
Hi,
Did you ever try nivolumab or ipilimumab, how is your mom ?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #51637 by jeffrx
Replied by jeffrx on topic PD L1 Trial
These are immunotherapy drugs being studied in several tumor types. There are 2 approved drugs, nivolumab and pembrolizumab. They are approved for other tumor types including lung cancer and melanoma, but there are some data in bladder cancer as well. Certain patients will likely respond better than others, possibly based on the characteristics of their tumors (high expression of PD-1 will possibly respond better). The brand names of these drugs are Opdivo and Keytruda (again, not yet approved for bladder cancer). You can search these names and find more info. These drugs work by increasing your own immune system's ability to attack the cancer cells.

12/2015 - TURBT, non-invasive T1, mixed grade, 3 tumors
1/2016 - Begin BCG weekly for 6 weeks

7 years 8 months ago #51620 by kj720
PD L1 Trial was created by kj720
My moms bladder cancer has spread to distance lymph node around the lung. She had chemo prior to a full bladder removal, they say chemo is not a good treatment option because we saw little results with it the first time around. She was put on immunotherapy called PD-L1 does anyone have experience with this. If so could you please tell me how it worked, outcome etc. I am having a hard time finding information.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne