9 months out and enlarge lymph nodes in lungs

7 years 5 months ago #52269 by suziech
Replied by suziech on topic 9 months out and enlarge lymph nodes in lungs
I have been told the same thing by my Oncologist. He found a dark shadow on the right lung from my past CT scan in July. I am to have another CT scan of my chest November 11 to determine if it has grown or if there is anymore. If there is, then a biopsy will be required. I was diagnosed with aggressive T2 high grade bladder cancer last year and had a RC January of this year. Was informed by my surgeon that I was cancer free after the surgery, my Oncologist does not think so.

Susan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #51413 by DougG
It sounds like you are waiting to hear back the pathology report. It always seems like it takes a long time to come back. A second opinion is always a good idea...with a major hospital that treats lots of bladder cancer.

Best wishes,
Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

7 years 9 months ago #51408 by kj720
Hi. My mom is just shy of a year out from a bladder removal surgery. Last chest xray showed some shadows, ordered a CT scan of chest and found 3 suspected masses. Large is 3cm X 2.2cm. Could this be bladder cancer that spread to lungs. Anyone experience this. She had chemo prior to surgery. Got a clean bill of health after surgery. Cancer was contained to bladder. All 17 lymph node that were removed during surgery were clear as in no cancer found. Just had surgery on Tuesday with a cardio thurastic surgeon to determine what the mass was in her chest. Was told if it was bladder cancer that has gotten to the lung there is no cure or surgery. If lung cancer no sure on the treatment. Her bladder cancer was high grade aggressive. Should we seek second opinion?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne