Urethroplasty Urethra Cancer

9 years 7 months ago #46851 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Urethroplasty Urethra Cancer
This is the most unique question I have heard on this site. I have never heard of this before and I am sorry if this is the only recourse. I would however, make sure I got a second opinion to be sure this is the only procedure that can be had.

I am so sorry that I didn't respond sooner as I didn't see anything unusual in your headline. It almost lead me to believe that you had things under control. I can see that this is an very unusual thing.

please consult another Dr. To make Sure that this is the only solution.

And Good luck

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #46813 by Harold75
Replied by Harold75 on topic Urethroplasty Urethra Cancer
Thank you Sara,
August 19th: I've desided to go through with the operation.

9 years 7 months ago #46802 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Urethroplasty Urethra Cancer
Boy, you have a complicated situation!!

The BCG is curative...it would not have caused the tumor in the urethra. This is the same type of cancer that you have had elsewhere, and probably from the same source.

Very best wishes to you

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

9 years 7 months ago #46801 by Harold75
Urethroplasty Urethra Cancer was created by Harold75
Hello,
April 2011 I had my right kidney, Ureter & a portion of my Bladder removed. TCC4 in the Ureter. Completed the two 6 week sessions of BCG treatments. Then did a follow up booster of BCG at which time "the only time" the person giving me the BCG HURT me!!!??? This never happened before---what was done different/wrong. My Dr. couldn't/wouldn't answer. I passed blood clots with sharp pain for 3 days. Followed through with 6 month check ups. June 27th, 2014 cancer cells were detected--in surgery--Kidney, Ureter, Bladder ALL clear, BUT found a TIS Tumor in the Urethra. A-symtomatic at this time. The Dr. wants to remove the Urethra past the testicles making it so I have to set to urinate P. And might have to remove my Penis as well. Question? Did the BCG stimulate the Urethra Tumor/TCC Cancer?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne