Pass the Mustard Seed Powder please!

8 years 10 months ago #48735 by Carolina Wren
Replied by Carolina Wren on topic Pass the Mustard Seed Powder please!
I am very interested in reading this article but,can't find it on the website even when I use the link. I did register on the website. Can you give me information on the type of mustard seed powder you are using, how you prepare it and how much to take? Thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #46621 by tcontadino
Replied by tcontadino on topic Pass the Mustard Seed Powder please!
Hello, I have Bladder Cancer T1 HG and going in for my second cysto. I am new to this and I am very interested in your findings on Mustard. I am interested in where you get the capsules and what kind to get, as there are many kinds of mustard..

Thanks

9 years 8 months ago #46595 by elle
Replied by elle on topic Pass the Mustard Seed Powder please!
Thank you, George. Yes, I would not encourage anyone to use this in place of conventional medicine. Rick still goes for his cystoscopies as scheduled and we don't intend to change a thing there.

I will perhaps pop in and report back if/when we reach five years or if he ends up with a tumor again. I think that, even if he does end up with another tumor, our results are encouraging, but on the other hand I wouldn't want to give false hope to others. It would certainly be worth trying for anyone who is, as you say, under good care and in between tumor events / exams. If anyone else does try it, I'd love to hear reports on their results as well.

9 years 8 months ago #46594 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Pass the Mustard Seed Powder please!
Thanks for the update.
I have no reason to doubt your very good results, as the human body has been an enigma to Dr. for Centuries.
What works for you is one thing to consider. I am overjoyed with your results and hope that others will try this after the cancer has been removed and the period between Dr. visits is on. There doesn't seem to be any harm and your results are fantastic!

I hope you don't need this site in the future. But please don't leave us behind as there are new people visiting each day and they need a shoulder to support their fears. And the perspective of so many different patients and caregivers.

Just sayin

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

9 years 8 months ago #46593 by elle
It's been a year and a half since I last posted to this thread. I like to remain true to my word that I'll keep everyone posted on how this has worked for us. It doesn't seem like others are taking this approach, and perhaps we are the only ones here who have tried it, but it seems to be working for us.

Recap: I originally came here for support and advice after my husband was diagnosed with yet another bladder tumor. He probably had five or six tumors at least over the course of this disease (it's hard for me to recall because he had several before we were married). Of those, only one was slightly invasive but most were not. Anyway, I was here to get better educated after the most recent tumor at that point was found.

Around that same time, someone initiated this thread. My husband and I decided to try the mustard seed powder after I read about it here. We ordered the kind of mustard seed that the study mentioned, and we started grinding it and making our own capsules. Rick started taking one capsule per day.

I'm happy to say that my husband remains tumor free. This, for us, is remarkable. Prior to starting the mustard seed we were removing a tumor every six months or so. Today he is stable, and has been since we began using the mustard seed, which was (according to the dates on the forum) 3 years and 8 months ago.

Of course we are not involved in any scientific research and we are only one case. I work in the field of medical research and so I know that in layman's terms this is an anecdote, whereas in the parlance of a medical journal this would be called a case study. Not statistically significant, but interesting enough that further attention might be warranted.

Our thinking on this has been that we had little to lose. We don't know if there are potential harms to the long term ingestion of mustard seed, but we seem to be seeing important benefits with no harms so far. I don't want to be seen as offering medical advice, but if you came to me as a friend and asked me about this, I'd suggest it's worth a try-- especially if your cancer is not invasive. Perhaps our experience is an anomaly, but we've done really well since starting this, so I just wanted to share that. I doubt I'll be back to update on this, as there seems very little interest, but I thought maybe someone in the group might be interested in the information.

11 years 3 months ago #43771 by elle
And here we are again to report that he is still cancer free. This is, by far, the longest he has gone without a new tumor. I can't say what the reason is, of course, but we are still taking the mustard seed powder, just to be on the safe side. As long as he continues to have good checks, we will continue to use it.

Not sure if anyone is still interested in this thread but I will continue to update you all if you want. We're completely amazed, and grateful, and that's all that counts. Thank you to the original poster for bringing this research to our attention. We feel it may have made a difference.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne