Just Diagnosed

7 years 3 months ago #52538 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Just Diagnosed
Cancer of the spleen is not one of the most common causes of an enlarged spleen. It is probably more due to other causes (inflammation in the bladder?) because the spleen does react to what else is going on in the body. Even STRESS.

You need to step back. You will be seeing your doctor soon and you will get all these questions answered. Your over-stressing can cause other things. I know that it is easy for me to tell you this...I get it....you can't help worrying. But that will not get anything fixed.

You can do this!!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #52536 by bacibear
Replied by bacibear on topic Just Diagnosed
Update: I have had some minor pain while urinating - this is a symptom of prostate cancer. Seeing that the bladder sits right on top of the bladder, this could be happening. Since my prostate will probably be removed during the radical cysectomy, I was advised to discuss this with the surgeon during my meeting with him on Jan. 9th. I also read a report from a CT Scan of my pelvis in July. In it, a growing "abnormal soft tissue" growth in the bladder was noted. The CT study also diagnosed Splenomegaly, which is symptomatic of cancer in the spleen.
Why wasn't anything done until now? I am really streesed.

7 years 4 months ago #52452 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Just Diagnosed
Probably not a bad idea on adding to newbies posts. It is almost too long and big however most can sift what is pertinent to their situation. I am just glad I saved it from someone else's post years ago.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

7 years 4 months ago #52449 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Just Diagnosed
Excellent list, Alan!!! Maybe we should attach it to every newbie post?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #52447 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Just Diagnosed
Welcome. Enclosed is a file with questions to ask, at the risk of too many questions and confusion. Also, some are too involved and not pertinent as you are further down the road in your journey. It can augment or add a few things you may not think of. George is a wealth of information also!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bacibear

7 years 4 months ago #52443 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Just Diagnosed
A YEAR ? REALLY ?

Thank God you were vigilent about getting something done..... Or you wouldnt be writing this post.

So you are going to get a neo bladder...... I have one. It has been good to me even with it's quirks. I hope you know that you will continue to lead a normal life after recovery. The operation is Major surgery and the recovery is lengthy and you must be careful of infection. But you will be able to lead an active life afterward.

I was 53 when I was diagnosed. Non Smoker( aside from the celebratory cigar) and had never seen the inside of a hospital room (but a well known emergency room attender)
and always active. And then BAM! blood in my urine and an astute Dr had me at a urologist in 2 days for a scope.

I'm not a Dr but I also get mad when I hear that you spent a YEAR with that much blood coming out. Even I would have had someone take a look and check it out.

Sheesh

Glad you are here

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne