scared and need support

7 years 6 months ago #52000 by LillianG
Replied by LillianG on topic scared and need support
Kendra, I'm glad that you found this site. Everybody here has been in your shoes, so we can all relate to what you are going through. For me, the hardest part was waiting for the initial diagnosis and treatment plan.

Please keep us posted and feel free to ask questions. There's a wealth of knowledge at this site, and everyone here is willing to share what they've learned from their own experiences.

Take care,
LillianG

5/2015 4x2cm HG Ta Papillary TCC; 6 initial BCG followed by 3 sets of BCG maintenance. Ten scopes - all NED. Now at scope 1x year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #51998 by Kendra
Replied by Kendra on topic scared and need support
Thank you Jack for responding and thank you for putting me at ease. Even for a bit. Its the waiting part and the unknown thats getting to me. Im so glad I found this forum. I know im not alone. Thank you

7 years 6 months ago #51997 by Jack R
Replied by Jack R on topic scared and need support
Kendra,

Your initial shock is the well known here. Most of us had no clue there could be a problem, we had "just a little blood", and then we were slammed with unimagined possibilities.

At this point no one is sure what is taking place in the bladder. A biopsy under anesthesia and a pathology report will begin to tell the story. It will likely take about two weeks to a month before you have a reasonable idea of whats up. No one knows yet if your tumor is or is not cancerous. Too many unknows.

The good news is that if it is bladder cancer it is responsive to treatment when caught early, and your story makes it it sound like you are in the early stages. Bladder cancer is one of the slower growing cancers, IF it is even cancer.

Try to relax - easy for me to say now - and wait for the diagnosis. If it is nothing, great. If it is a cancer you will have treatment options.

It is good that it has been discovered. Now it can be treated. Be patient, wait for the diagnosis and treatment plan.

Best
Jack

PS I feel like such a hypocrite for saying "be patient" - I still get anxious waiting for the next test, the next update. Believe me, it does no good to stew over it.

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021
The following user(s) said Thank You: dani

7 years 6 months ago #51996 by Kendra
Replied by Kendra on topic scared and need support
Thank you Anita. Its just so hard not knowing and waiting. Its the waiting part. My mind is a reck thinking the worse. Its the what if. I just need all the prayers I can get. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to respond.

7 years 6 months ago #51995 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic scared and need support
Kendra,
Take a deep breath. Your doctor sounds good -- glad the doctor did the ultrasound and is referring you on to a urologist. That is exactly who you need to see. Waiting is so very hard. Try to stay calm and believe that everything is going to be alright. My husband was diagnosed over 15 years ago. Go look in chit chat to see him dancing with our daughter at her wedding. :) Let us know when you will see the urologist and what the urologist says.
Best wishes,
Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

7 years 6 months ago #51993 by Kendra
scared and need support was created by Kendra
Im very scared. Im 48 and went in for my yearly annual. The doctor suggested I get a ultrasound done because of my age and she thought I my have fibroids. Well I found out I do have fibroids but they also found a 3cm lesion inside my bladder. I was shocked and im very scared. The doctor sent in my refural to see a urologis to see what's going on. I have seen spots of blood in my urine 3-4 times this year. Not heavy. But like a pink color. Im so glad I found this forum, because I feel alone. My family is there for support but never had anything like this. Im scared and just looking for comfort and support from people whos been through this. I apologize for my writing and not being to clear. Im still in shocked and very scared. Please help..
The following user(s) said Thank You: dani

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne