Swearing OFF Google Searches

7 years 8 months ago #51606 by LillianG
Replied by LillianG on topic Swearing OFF Google Searches
I can relate to "Swearing off Google Searches". Much of what I found in cyber space was very outdated, and many of the studies and statistics were tainted because they included a mixture of folks who did and didn't follow the gold-standard of treatment and had or didn't have regular scopes.

With regards to urgency after a TURBT - I know I had to go more frequently than usual, but I don't remember that lasting for more than a few days. I do have an issue with capacity/urgency when I'm having my BCG treatments, but it only lasts for a few days, at most. Everybody seems to react differently to the TURBTs and the treatments. Each person's experience is unique, but we all seem to have some common side effects.

I found that reading helped me keep my mind occupied while I waited for my pathology. A good racy novel might help keep your mind off occupied :)

Hang in there.
LillianG

5/2015 4x2cm HG Ta Papillary TCC; 6 initial BCG followed by 3 sets of BCG maintenance. Ten scopes - all NED. Now at scope 1x year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: purrrkat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #51605 by purrrkat
Swearing OFF Google Searches was created by purrrkat
So, I've spent the better part of my post-TUR convalescence today researching bladder growths, prognostic indicators, causes of cancer and have managed to put myself in the most depressing, anxious space yet since my whole bladder tumor issue began.

It stops now. I've got to post it here to affirm my commitment. I will not Google this stuff anymore. It's not helpful, much of it is probably inaccurate and it just makes me anxious and upset while I wring my hands waiting for my pathology report.

So from now on, I only come here. No more Googling about my condition. Period.

BTW--Is it normal to have to pee CONSTANTLY 2 days post-TURBT? It doesn't hurt anymore, but the frequency and urgency seems to have cranked up considerably since yesterday. I thought I was getting better. Is this just part of the healing process?

Thanks for listening.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne