New to the forum,,hoping not to stay,,,questions,

7 years 9 months ago #51416 by Jfoutz
I wish I could tell you to quit worrying, but it wouldn't help. I started bleeding and didn't stop for a month waiting to get a diagnosis. Thought I was bleeding to death, but I'm still here. I actually do have bladder cancer but had my first appointment with an expert in Dallas last week after local surgery and he assured me I've had it a while so quit worrying. I feel like I'm in good hands, so that has calmed me down. It helps me to know the worst case scenario so I think I can deal with it no matter what. They are making great strides in treating this, so you will have options if you are diagnosed with cancer. I bet you will be just fine, so take a deep breath and hope for the best. The cystoscopy was a piece of cake, never felt a thing. The second procedure to take a biopsy and my tumor out was also very easy. So try to slow down and think good thoughts...wishing the best for you..
Janice

Hematuria 4/2016
TURBT 5/2016
BCGx6 7/2016
Reoccurrence & TURBT 2/2017
BCGx6 4/2017
BCGx3 7/2017
TURBT 10/2017
Gemcitabine X6 12/2017
Cytology negative 4/2018
Cytology negative 8/2018

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #51415 by johndeere
we are supposed to go camping in 2 weeks,,probably should cancel...they said the results of the cytology should be back Monday,,,,weird the only times I have had this issue was after running or biking,,,,then it clears right up,,,,and if I make sure to drink BEFORE exercise I don't have any issue...

7 years 9 months ago #51414 by Jack R
Johndeere

RE: "when it is cancer, does it bleed everytime you pee?"

You wont like the answer...Sometimes yes, sometimes, no. Same for other causes, like when my kidney blew out a cyst. Lots of possible causes. You need the check-up because it MIGHT be cancer, and you really want to know as early as possible.

The cystoscopy is no big deal. The doc squirts some numbing jelly in, 3 minutes with a scope in, and it's over. The thought of the procedure is the hardest part, but it is THE test, and it will give you the answer you need and want.

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021

7 years 9 months ago #51409 by johndeere
it lists Memorial Solan Kettering in NY City,,,5 hrs from me...and it lists Roswell Cancer Center,,,2.5 hrs from me....so,,,and I know im getting ahead of my paranoid self,,,the results of the cytology says cancer ,,,,do I go to Roswell for a second opinion,,,
I live in a small town,,,,with small town Drs and hospitals....again,,,im hoping for the best...
I wonder IF the cytology could ever show positive but you don't have cancer ?? Doubt it though,,,well thx again people,,,,I just found out a month ago I have glaucoma hi eye pressures,,no damage yet,,,on drops,,,

Seems like at 57 im too young for this stuff,,,I wont cry baby here when I know what you guys are going thru,,,I do know I have a pretty enlarged prostate and sometime that can cause blood....it has been clear the rest of the day yesterday and today...

Funny it was clear first thing yesterday am,,,,then went for bike ride,,,as soon as I got home the blood,,,,then clear....

7 years 9 months ago #51407 by LillianG
John, if you need to locate a hospital near you (and I hope you don't), you can use the Treatment Center Finder located under the Help Topic at the very top of this page.

Take care of you,
LilyG

5/2015 4x2cm HG Ta Papillary TCC; 6 initial BCG followed by 3 sets of BCG maintenance. Ten scopes - all NED. Now at scope 1x year.

7 years 9 months ago #51404 by johndeere
OK thx...but IF,andd I hope and pray. Not, it does turn out to be cancer, what hospital in the north east would be best at most current treatments? I live near Rochester ny...thx

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne