Awaiting results - Possible CIS

8 years 1 month ago #50636 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Awaiting results - Possible CIS
Great news that you are in the clear! But having had a brush with the possibility of having BC you are now well informed, and know where to get the right info, and importantly where to send others who may find themselves in a similar situation.
Diane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #50634 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Awaiting results - Possible CIS
Love good news!!!!

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

8 years 1 month ago #50633 by Sue Mc
Replied by Sue Mc on topic Awaiting results - Possible CIS
I just wanted to let the kind people on this site know that I have received good results today.

There was no evidence from the biopsies of CIS or invasive carcinoma. In brief the path report said that there are reactive changes in the urothelium.. vascular congestion and mild chronic inflammatory cell infiltrates but no evidence of CIS or invasive carcinoma. The cytology was also negative.

The urologist has pointed out to me that he feels I should have a gynaecological assessment ... says that when he examined me he saw some slimy discharge from my cervix (I haven't noticed anything horrible other than milky white stuff that I think has always been present in there - so hope it's nothing to worry over) I also still have a cystoscopy for completeness under general anaesthetic scheduled for a week's time which I will keep.

Anyway all in all good news so those who are awaiting results who find this site - if it looks bad - sometimes it isn't what you fear.

I wish everyone on here successful treatments and thank you so much for being here

Sue Mc

8 years 1 month ago #50620 by Sue Mc
Thank you Sara-Anne. Thank goodness for this site and for your support having gone through this yourself. It gives somewhere for people to turn to.

God Bless

Sue Mc

8 years 1 month ago #50619 by Sue Mc
Hello Madlove

Thank you so much for your reply - it helps to know that I am not alone. I suppose I just want the diagnosis and then to get on with treatment. It is so difficult.

I wish your husband the best with his treatment and appreciate your reply. I hope the BCG works.

Thanks again very much

Sue Mc

8 years 1 month ago #50615 by MadLove
Replied by MadLove on topic Awaiting results - Possible CIS
Sue McG,

I'm glad you pursued getting the biopsy. It's just over a year since my husband's first scope and we saw what was later confirmed through biopsy as CIS. He's completed 9 treatments of BCG with the next follow up in April. He's had mild fatigue but so far the BCG treatment has been very tolerable.

The forum has provided a lot of answers for us.

Time does seem to slow down waiting for the biopsy. Hang in there and keep posting.

Husband's journey:
01/2015 1st cystoscopy
03&04/2015 TURBTs-CIS
07/2015 Finished BCGx6
08/2015 biopsy-BENIGN!
10/2015 Finished BCGx3
12/2015 Cysto, redness
01/2016 TURBT, Benign
04/2016 Cysto
05/2016 Finished BCGx3
07&11/2016 Cysto's
1/2017 Finished BCGx3
2/2017 Cysto, redness
3/2017 TURBT, Cysto due 9/2017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sue Mc

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne