Cystocopy 1 month after 6th BCG Treatment

9 years 1 week ago #48647 by CatherineAiken
Replied by CatherineAiken on topic Cystocopy 1 month after 6th BCG Treatment
Well first of all before coming on any conclusion, it’s important to wait for a biopsy report since it could be a scar tissue or CIS as well. Cystoscopy is the first diagnostic entity for the bladder carcinoma’s diagnosis as it has low risk and give flexibility to urologist for taking biopsy specimens and resects papillary tumors while the procedure. It generally looks for tumors, stones, bleeding and infection. Typically the bladder cancer’s recurrence rate is very high, thus it is necessary to have long-term follow-up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 weeks ago #48616 by Jay
Thank you Sara Anne. It's a roller coaster ride after each biopsy. I'll be back for sure the first part of May with results and as always I'm hoping for the best to everyone on this forum. You are all the greatest!!! Jay

9 years 2 weeks ago #48603 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Cystocopy 1 month after 6th BCG Treatment
We will be keeping our fingers crossed also, Jay. But you seem to be doing real well at dodging bullets!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jay

9 years 2 weeks ago #48602 by Jay
Well, never did hear from my doctor, although he knows I read all the stuff online, google what don't know and call on anything I can't figure out or am concerned about. I did get a call from scheduling, having a few lab tests in the next 3 weeks and scheduled to have my prostate removed at the end of the month. Hopefully the hormone shot Lupron did what it was suppose to do these last 5 months and the cancer stayed contained, while taking care of the bladder. Will find out in about 4 weeks? Hoping the best for all!!! Jay

9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #48585 by Jay
Well, I was hoping for a call from my doctor before the weekend, but sometimes I have to remember that I'm not his only patient.

I am able to go online and see reports, the pathology report did come through, all kinds of technical terms that I googled. Yes, a lot of rash/irritation going on from the BCG, but all the samples show no malignancy! I so much wanted to hear that from the doctor since some of you have read in earlier posts, I need this to move on for my prostate to be removed. Gonna be a long weekend, but I'm feeling much better than a few days ago. Hoping the best for everyone, chat with you soon and thanks for support!!! Jay

9 years 3 weeks ago #48574 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Cystocopy 1 month after 6th BCG Treatment
Alan is right....the "rash" could be BCG cystitis, or irritation from the BCG treatments. I had that. We will keep really good thoughts!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jay

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne