miserable about life

9 years 6 months ago #47107 by Hudsongrl
Replied by Hudsongrl on topic miserable about life
Tabby, i have IC and my hubby had bladder cancer, stage 1, tA. I would say my IC symptoms are more severe than the symptoms he had from his bladder cancer.

I agree with the others about finding a urologist/oncologist. iC is very painful, and can be difficult to manage. Are you on meds for that? Over the years, i have found flexeril, a muscle relaxant, taken at nite to help ease the urethral and bladder spasms. Stess makes IC worse typically. It is possible the stress of the bc is causing the IC to flare?

Hope you feel better soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #47106 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic miserable about life
ME TOO. I too have been dealing with multiple problems. I went as far as to make an attempt on my life. You have a family to help you through so let them. I am still looking up from my hole, and it is still a long climb, so hang in there!

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

9 years 6 months ago #47066 by tabbysbadblad
Replied by tabbysbadblad on topic miserable about life
Hey Sara Anne,

Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words. I'm going to see about swapping doctors. Now my doctor is telling me that my symptoms are not from bladder cancer and that they are from the ulcers on my bladder. (Interstitial cystitis). So a second opinion is for sure on the way. I also have my psychiatrist and psychologist appts scheduled. I live in smyrna, ga. Thanks again. Good luck and wish u the best.

Thanks,
Tabby

Tabby

9 years 6 months ago #47065 by tabbysbadblad
Hey Diane,

Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words. I'm going to see about swapping doctors. Now my doctor is telling me that my symptoms are not from bladder cancer and that they are from the ulcers on my bladder. (Interstitial cystitis). So a second opinion is for sure on the way. I also have my psychiatrist and psychologist appts scheduled. Thanks again. Good luck and wish u the best.

Thanks,
Tabby

Tabby

9 years 6 months ago #47064 by tabbysbadblad
Hey George,

Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words. I'm going to see about swapping doctors. Now my doctor is telling me that my symptoms are not from bladder cancer and that they are from the ulcers on my bladder. (Interstitial cystitis). So a second opinion is for sure on the way. I also have my psychiatrist and psychologist appts scheduled. Thanks again. Good luck and wish u the best.
Thanks,
Tabby

Tabby

9 years 6 months ago #47063 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic miserable about life
Tabby

Whew! I had to read your post and then step back for a few minutes to absorb your thoughts.
Yes you are too young to have bc. But so was I at 53.
Yes you DO need to find a Dr that you can trust and work with.(At first I didn't like my Dr. Then I spoke up for myself and told him I didn't want to be treated like a number. He came around)
But the biggest thing you need is to wrap your head around the fact that, you are in charge of your own recovery. You have a battle in front of you and if you are not in the right place, it will wear you down and it will win.

Please find friends, family, US, or a support group that can "team" up with you. Attitude is 50% of this battle. We want you to win.

And please don't think I am a "head in the clouds" happy. I know that there are times you get down and depressed. But you gotta get back up pretty quick and continue the fight.

As for being so young and having this crappy disease............. Your life will go on. The chances for you beating this are very high. It probably won't be easy. In fact, it is a pain in the ass. But, you will come out the other side, and you will be stronger for it.

Let's GO!

Sincerely
George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]
The following user(s) said Thank You: tabbysbadblad

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne