5th and 6th treatment done!!!!

9 years 7 months ago #47020 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic 5th and 6th treatment done!!!!
That is wonderful, Carol! Hope and pray to hear more good news from you in October. As a caregiver, I think they are worth it. :)

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver
The following user(s) said Thank You: carol58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #47019 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic 5th and 6th treatment done!!!!
Congratulations! Here's hoping your October check-up goes well. Are you going to get maintenance BCG treatments? I know there are slightly different schedules for that, but research strongly suggests that at least some kind of maintenance treatment is helpful for a period of time after receiving the initial 6 instillations. One protocol (the one I was on) had maintenance of 3 weekly treatments at varying time intervals (every 3 months the first year; every 6 months after that, etc.). It is usually a lot easier when you don't have to have treatments 6 weeks in a row, let me tell you!

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.
The following user(s) said Thank You: carol58

9 years 7 months ago #47017 by carol58
5th and 6th treatment done!!!! was created by carol58
So glad to finish the treatments! After reading the posts regarding the shortage, I feel very blessed to have had them. I pray that everyone who is need of them is able to get them soon. I have an appointment in October for a cystoscope. I pray that these treatments were worth the pain!! Feeling very blessed today!!

Have a great weekend and God Bless you all!!

Carol58

Stage 1 Gr 3 BC
2 turbs
6 BCG treatments

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne