Pain after cystoscopy....

8 years 9 hours ago #50911 by lotech35
Replied by lotech35 on topic Pain after cystoscopy....
Still have to do maintenance. BCG!

Diagnosed Sept 2015 noninvasive
1st turbt Oct 3 2015, 2nd turbt Nov 13 bladder,
Completed 6 BCG initial treatments 01/11/16 02/09/16 No Cancer!
08/09/16 Cyto shows red spots on bladder, TURBT prostate scheduled
09/12/16 Cancer is back Ta prostate ,T1 high grade bladder papillary uthelial.
Cancer has invaded muscle getting RC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 hours ago #50910 by lotech35
Replied by lotech35 on topic Pain after cystoscopy....
Hey dnile,

In february i was cleard of bladder cancer, i had 6 BCG treatments, here it is almost april still stinging at end of urine stream and bladder spasms. I see my urologist in a few weeks maybe sooner. I guess what i'm getting at is recovery may take longer in some and this can reoccurr.
Gotta stay vigilant !

Diagnosed Sept 2015 noninvasive
1st turbt Oct 3 2015, 2nd turbt Nov 13 bladder,
Completed 6 BCG initial treatments 01/11/16 02/09/16 No Cancer!
08/09/16 Cyto shows red spots on bladder, TURBT prostate scheduled
09/12/16 Cancer is back Ta prostate ,T1 high grade bladder papillary uthelial.
Cancer has invaded muscle getting RC.

16 years 2 months ago #12125 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic Pain after cystoscopy....
I also had a TURB on 12/3/07 and still have some minor bladder spasms. I had a stent for two weeks that increased the urgency. So it has taken at least 4 weeks for my pain to become tolerable. My tumor was 4 cm and I still take Urelle 4 times a day with a antibiotic once a day. I also have lost some of my taste for certains foods.
Joe

16 years 2 months ago #12123 by ddoyle
Replied by ddoyle on topic Pain after cystoscopy....
IMNDILE:

Sounds like you had both a TURBT to remove tumors and perhaps a TURP to remove a small portion of your prostate for biopsy purposes. I went thru the same procedure back on 11/30 and the doc removed a bit of the enlarged prostate which was encroaching on one of the CIS or Papillary tumors. That's over four weeks ago and I'm still experiencing pain, burning, occasional small bits of tissue and blood, especially at the end of urination. I've had more of these symptoms this time than on the first couple of TURBTs and I've been told that the main reason is the prostate resection which may cause bleeding and sloughing of tissue for up to six weeks. You are correct -- Prosed doesn't help, but heavy doses of ibuprofen or tylenol do help for a little while. Good luck!

DDoyle
64 yr old male
3 TURBT, CIS, etc.
starting Mitomycin C on 1/11//08

16 years 2 months ago #12120 by gcurt
Replied by gcurt on topic Pain after cystoscopy....
Hi dnile
I'm a 49 YO Male with a recent diagnosis of CIS
I had a TURB on 12/17/07 and I'm still having pain and occasional urgency when urinating although it seems to be a little less each day. After my procedure I was unable to pee so I left the Hospital with a Foley Cath.. I had the foley in for 3 days and had quite a bit of pain from it. 6 days after the TURB my pain level increased so I called the Urologist who renewed my prescription for Pyridium but would not renew a script for Tylenol with codine which had been providing good relief. He also perscribed Cipro for possible UTI.
Starting 0n 12/28 I've been using just Tylenol with OK results
GCURT

Dx: CIS 12/07

Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
M. Runbeck

16 years 2 months ago #12099 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Pain after cystoscopy....
Imndnile,

Hi! Sorry I didn't respond sooner...Pat told me that perhpas I cold help you out since I am located in Seattle area. Maybe I can suggest to you a couple of other doctors. I work in Everett, and live in Mt. Vernon, but had my surgery at the University of Washington Medical Center.

I had my first cysto. done last March by a urologist in Edmonds, a Dr. John Maldazys....had no pain afterwards nor bleeding....two days later he did the TURB but could not get all the tumor as it was muscle invasive...had no pain nor bleeding afterwards. He had no bed side manner but very probably a decent surgeon. But as I didn't like what he had to say...I ended up going on for a 2nd and 3rd opinion as Maldazys recommended me for 3-4 months of chemo and then bladder removal. I was not prepared for that diagnosis....as it turned out all three oncologists and sugeons I saw, all agreed on that treatment.

I ended up having my surgery done by Dr. Paul Lange, who is head of Urology, UW Medical Center. He also is lacking in bed side manner but he has done lots of bladder surgeries and I was looking for someone who did them on a regular basis. Dr. Lange does not give women a neobladder as he believes there is too high a percentage who leak so I was given the Indiana Pouch and so far, so good....that was five months ago.

Since you are in the Kirkland area, I would suggest you contact a Doctor T. Pritchett, who works at Virginia Mason, if he is on your insurance list....his phone no. is 206-223-6178. I called his office one afternoon and he called me back later that day, about 6:30 p.m. and spent 30 minutess answering my questions...I was quite impressed since most doctors aren't nearly so responsive even when we have an actual appointment with them. I have a male friend (early 60's)who had his surgery done by Dr. Pritchett, he was given a neobladder two years back and is very happy with the results. I would strongly encourage you to call him.

I think that would be more personal than going to UW. I spent 11 days at the hospital following surgery and during my stay, doctors and nurses were great. It was after discharge that I felt they kinda dropped the ball...the patient really has to be very pro-active to ensure follow up happens as it should.

Please feel free to PM me if you wish...will PM you and give you my email and phone number if you wish more info. Take care, Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright
The following user(s) said Thank You: lotech35

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne