Twisted intestine partial blockage

9 years 4 months ago #47352 by Nancylhm
Replied by Nancylhm on topic Twisted intestine partial blockage
My husband had surgery on Tuesday and they discovered a mass IN the intestine which was massive. I am puzzled over how this happened. It never showed on an ex ray or a CAT Scan all tests done came up negative. He had his six month check up which was Negative. How can this be? They said the tumor was massive and they could not remove it all. There goal was to try to clear the blockage as much as possible but the surgeon said it was stage 4 and when he told my husband what he did he never made mention of Stage 4 to him. They want to wait until the biopsy comes back on Friday or Saturday. Any input would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #47284 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Twisted intestine partial blockage
Nancy, I am very sorry this has to be terrible not knowing what is going on. The reason you are not getting many replies is that we do not see a lot of this here. It sometimes happens after an RC but it has been a while since someone here had this happen. We really can not answer your question because we are not medical professionals. Everyones situation is unique and there are many facts that would factor in, such as age, general health or other complicating conditions. Your health care professionals are the only ones who can help you find the answers you are seeking and if they are taking a wait and see stance they may not have the answers you seek yet.

What we do offer here is a caring ear and thoughts we have gained through experience. Have you talked to your husbands doctors and told them that you need more information than you have been given? What are they saying? Keep us updated and we will be here for you.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

9 years 5 months ago #47283 by Nancylhm
Replied by Nancylhm on topic Twisted intestine partial blockage
He was doing good then all of a sudden his started with the bloating again. I am at a loss as to what to think. Any input from anybody would help.

9 years 5 months ago #47281 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Twisted intestine partial blockage
We have heard from people on the forum from time to time that have experienced this. Some have had surgery and healed well and it can resolve its self. But I imagine each situation is different. I know that is not a lot of help but if you need to talk we are here.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

9 years 5 months ago #47272 by Nancylhm
Twisted intestine partial blockage was created by Nancylhm
My husband is in the hospital with a twisted intestine. They say it is a result of scar tissue from his Radical cystectomy surgery in March 2014. He was experiencing some abdominal pain which was not to much concern, but when the vomiting started they rushed him into the hospital. I would like to know if anyone has ever had this happen to them and if so,how was it resolved. They don't want to do surgery so they are just keeping him on IV and no food for a couple of days.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne